Author Topic: Windshield Wiper Motor and Arm  (Read 3434 times)

Russ Mann

Windshield Wiper Motor and Arm
« on: December 16, 2019, 10:39:49 PM »
Has anyone had to access the windshield wiper motor on a 2004-2006 Monterey? I have either an arm to the left wiper loose or bent and need to find out how to access it. It appears that I have to remove the dash. Anyone do this and can offer some tips before I mess something else up. Other than removing the dash or the generator is there another way I'm missing? Thanks!

Doug Till

• BAC Member
Re: Windshield Wiper Motor and Arm
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2019, 10:07:15 PM »
Russ,

I had to replace my pivot shaft on the windshield wiper, so I was able to access and remove the broken shaft from the linkage which connected to the wiper motor on my 2003 Marquis from inside the coach. If your front dash is like mine, you can access the wiper motor by removing the defrost vent covers, then lift up the vinyl dash pad. Then disconnect the flex hoses from the defrost vents. You should be able to remove the padded dashboard and move it out of your way. I had to cut a larger hole in the plywood to get my hands into the area where the motor and wiper assembly were installed which was on the drivers side. I could not access the motor from underneath between the front cap and firewall.

I did not have to remove the motor, just the linkage connecting to the motor shaft. Once you make your way into this area, I don't think it would be too much more work to remove the motor. If you have any questions, give me a call. Good luck!
Doug & Sarah Till
40' 2003 Marquis-Ruby, C12 505 HP

Mike Shumack

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2019, 10:50:03 PM »
I don't know how the Monterey is setup, but on the '05 Patriot the wiper assembly is accessed by getting up between the fiberglass front cap and the inner fiberglass wall (back wall of firewall) - you cant get to it from the inside of coach under the dashboard. The motor and mechanism is lo acted center and left (drivers side). I have not tried to get to mine but it looks accessible (although uncomfortable to reach).

This is a photo showing wiper motor taken from underneath looking up from generator area.

Richard Davis

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2019, 03:09:38 AM »
Picture taken straight up on the back side of the front cap on a 2006 Monterey.  Windshield wiper and arms are a ways up there, but are accessible.

Richard
06 Monterey Ventura IV, C9 400 hp