Author Topic: Slide Seals  (Read 2625 times)

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
Slide Seals
« on: January 07, 2020, 02:53:05 PM »
Sitting at Talon RV in Brooksville FL for slide seal replacement.  The tech is very detail oriented and they have a great reputation.  He looked at the seals and said the seals do not look like the normal Beaver seals he has seen.  Mine have a small bulb with a 1.5 inch wiper on it.  Very soft and supple.  I have a 6 foot section I got at BCS a few years ago (pic attached) so I'm relatively sure the seals are right.  Now for my request.  Any one either have or can get a couple of pics of their slide seals so we can see what other beavers have?  He thinks that they have all been a flat seal without the bulb. Here is a pick of what I have.  If y'll have this also please let me know, no pic required.  Thanks as always.  2003 PT.
Jerry
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Michael Turnipseed

Re: Slide Seals
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 04:05:52 PM »
Hey there Jerry had all the outer seals replaced at REV in Eugene last year. We happen to have all slides out right now since we’re traveling. It’s 34* out side right now, so I’m going to have my coffee. I will take some pics before we leave this morning. It looks as though we have the same coach so maybe it will help. It seems that there was a difference between the front two because the driver side comes up and over as opposed to the galley side which comes in flat. That’s from the tech.
Michael
The following users thanked this post: Jerry Emert

Michael Turnipseed

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 04:52:22 PM »
Driver side almost flat

Michael Turnipseed

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2020, 04:53:32 PM »
Passenger with large bulb

Michael Turnipseed

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2020, 04:55:39 PM »
Bed slide seems the same as passenger/ galley
As you can tell only able to upload 1 at a time

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2020, 05:15:20 PM »
Thank you Michael.  The ones on the coach all the way around, as pictured, appear to be like your passenger and rear slide.  The tech is saying, and apparently BCS agrees now, that the semi flat one with no bulb is the correct one for all slides.  Problem is now getting it.  Thanks again for your help.
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Michael Turnipseed

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2020, 12:11:54 AM »
Glad you’ve got some info. I questioned REV when I saw the difference ,and got the explanation about the floor. Mine were installed in April now concerned that I got the right one? Is it a Monaco thing, did the change occur after the move to Coburg. We are in those transitional years. Let me leave you with this BCS replaced the same seals now would be 4 years ago with previous owner, passenger side leaked  terribly so did the bedroom. Seem to be fine now hope it continues.