Author Topic: Heat Exchanger Replacement  (Read 2874 times)

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Heat Exchanger Replacement
« on: April 24, 2020, 11:54:53 AM »
While replacing the A H heat exchangers for the Kitchen /LR and under the dash we ran into some difficulties.  Someone may find the solution helpful.
1) Under the small drawer under the dash there is a Cozy 111 heat exchanger.  Previous years of Beaver required the whole cabinet be removed to replace this unit but in ours once the hoses were clamped and  detached with one screw on either side removed the whole unit came out the front.  The new unit was slightly shorter and wider but went in nicely.
2)  Under the kitchen counter is the large three duct unit with a 3 sp. squirrel cage fan on the back .  With all the drawers removed and the floor in the ajacent cabinet out and clamping the hoses.  The duct hoses were rotted and poorly installed by factory.  Replace with plastifoil because OEM was spendy.  Fan on new unit has to be flipped over to clear the cabinet frame and this required new mounting holes.  Ducting hoses were jurry rigged to the kick plate at factory.  These were replaced with 3 in. rectangular connectors from downspouts at Home Depot and fit great.

PLEASE SEE PICTURES BELOW...Posted by my lovely Wife, Carol
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 01:17:20 PM by Carol Moffett »
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!
The following users thanked this post: Jim Nichols, Frank Bergamo

Carol Moffett

Re: Heat Exchanger Replacement
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 01:14:21 PM »
Here are some pictures of the Heat Exchanger replacement jobs...

Carol Moffett (better half of Keith)
Totally Gorgeous, 45ft 2007 Patriot Thunder "ZOLA"
CAT C-13
2006 Ford Explorer Ltd, as toad
  :^3=~
The following users thanked this post: Frank Bergamo

Jim Nichols

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 03:09:41 PM »
Where did you purchase the heat exchangers? And cost? Great photos!
Jim/Natasha Nichols
05 Monterey 36'
400 Cat C9
The following users thanked this post: Carol Moffett

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2020, 03:14:14 PM »
Very nice job, that should keep the coach warm. On my 06 PT the unit under the drawer in the front had a very small outlet like yours, I cut out the wood to match the front of the heat exchanger and replaced the grill with a larger one I had to make out of two grills cut and welded together. Now it heats the front without heating up the whole dash.
I really like the big unit in your kitchen, mine has two units side by side, I also opened up the grills on those.
The following users thanked this post: Carol Moffett

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2020, 12:09:31 AM »
Where did you purchase the heat exchangers? And cost? Great photos!
Jim
The photo text above calls the smaller unit a 'Comfort Hot'.  Carol got the name wrong.  It is a 'Cozy111' heat exchanger and available from John Carrillo at www.heatmyrv.com  for about $130.00
The larger unit was way tougher to find.  We thought to have it repaired at a radiator shop in Coburg, Or.  They could not repair it but found one for us.  This one came from www.northernfactory.com .  We paid the shop about $300.00 but buying direct might be cheaper.  The part number from Northern Factory is (AH545 / 12 or 24 volt).

FYI :  Buy the kit as the old hardware does not fit with the new unit!
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!
The following users thanked this post: Frank Bergamo