General Boards > Redecorating and Updating your Motorhome

Gas Props for cargo doors

<< < (2/2)

Lee Welbanks:
On Amazon Lift Supports Depot has about ever size and length of strut you would ever need, service is great also. I had a hard time replacing the two struts that lift the engine door, took a few to finally get the pounds correct.

David Ciotti:
I bought 8 40lb struts from Amazon, then realized they were the wrong strength, returned them and received a credit and now I have 4 60lb models on order.  I will let you all know what I end up doing to my doors.

I ordered 2 100lb struts for the cargo door on the drivers side in the slide out.  They work great.

George Frudakis:
What is the correct poundage and length for the gas props on a 2002 jasper Marquis?  My jasper has 40 for the engine door and 60 and 80 for the bay doors. 80 seems too much. I forgot to get the correct length of each unite. This will save me a trip to the storage.
Thanks
George

David Ciotti:
All the props I have checked are all the 19.7" length.  Depending on the door the strength is different.  I have just ordered 60lb ones for the cargo doors on the passenger side of the RV that lift straight up.  When I get them I will let you know how they work.

George Frudakis:
Thanks for the help. The measurement of 19.7 is that from the center of the eye( top) to the center of the eye open length (end). Where did you order them from?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version