Author Topic: Floors Creaking  (Read 1886 times)

krsnyder

Floors Creaking
« on: June 08, 2020, 09:42:11 PM »
2006 Monterey 40'. My bedroom floors are creaking and popping. I've seen an answer to this before but I can't find the post?

Mike Shumack

Re: Floors Creaking
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 08:36:00 PM »
Are your bedroom floors carpeted? Mine are - and I think most coaches are.

I had popping and creaking with my "tile" floors which was due to the tiles coming loose. I could see the tile movement when I stepped on them. I ended up removing all the tiles from the bedroom entrance to the kitchen entrance and re-setting them with epoxy thinset.

But if you're hearing popping and creaking from under carpeting, then that would mean the plywood subfloor has come loose. In that event, I think the only fix is pull the carpeting back and find the broken screws (and/or add additional screws).

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 11:52:28 PM »
Hi Kevin,
Mike is right on I have lifted carpet and added additional screws, in tile areas. In the Entry and Kitchen areas I removed and replaced tiles with thin set. I had good results in both areas. I was lucky that my rig did come with extra tiles so when I did break them I had extras.

FYI BCS did have new stock a few years ago but I am not sure that this is the case now. Just in case you do break some I have about 5-6 from our 06 Pat. I can send them you pay the freight. 
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

krsnyder

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 03:05:54 PM »
Thanks for the replies. The problem is in the bedroom under carpet. Sounds like I need to lift the carpet.

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
  • Karen and I would like to wish you all happy trail
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 04:15:12 PM »
Kevin
In my coach just forward of the foot of the bed between there and the wardrobe there is a seem in the floor where the sheeting OSB has a joint you may find your squeeks there.
Eric
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR
Roadmaster falcon tow bar
Demco Air Force one tow brake.