Author Topic: Bozeman, MT rv parks  (Read 4447 times)

Adam Hicklin

Bozeman, MT rv parks
« on: June 11, 2020, 08:11:47 AM »
Any suggestion on RV parks in Bozeman, MT area?

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
Re: Bozeman, MT rv parks
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 03:19:33 PM »
I used to stay at Bear Canyon Campground on the east side of town. It's up on the hills the rates last time we stayed are much lower the on the west side because of the Yellowstone traffic. The sites are all big rig Pull Thurs. I would call to see if they are open if so you have some great spots to eat about 5 min. away.

Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Phil N Barb Rodriguez

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 04:28:57 PM »
Sunset Campground is also on the East side of Bozeman not far from Bear Creek CG. Sunset is usually packed, so reservations well ahead is important. The hot springs CG is pretty expensive and has lots of trees making it tight to get into the sites.

If you like to dry camp my favorite is Moose Creek Campground on the right about 30 miles South of Bozeman. You back up to the Gallatin River in all but two of the 12 sites. If you are continuing South you can dump your tanks in one of the West Yellowstone campgrounds. Going North you can dump at 4 corners (Gallatin Gateway), left side North of the fuel stop after the intersection.

The Gallatin Canyon is an awesome drive.

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2020, 05:19:18 PM »
BEAVER TRAILS: No, I don't have a favorite spot in Bozeman, but I would like to hijack this thread to ask if we could start a new forum heading called Beaver Trails or some such that would do the same thing as this thread; that is, if you have a favorite site in a particular place, let other Beavers know about your spot. The recommendations in this thread are exactly what I'm looking for. If we all share where we stay when we travel somewhere, we would all be better prepared when we explore new places. Just tell others where you stay when you travel to a destination, or when you wander about this great and scenic land. I think Beaver Trails could be a great source of info for all Beaver owners, especially when they explore new places, like the OP here. Whaddya say all???

Now, back to our program and apologies to Adam for hijacking his thread!
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."
The following users thanked this post: Jim Murray, Carol Moffett, George Frudakis

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2020, 06:34:43 PM »
Bill, All,
There are many RV campground review sources that exist on the web. Trusted RV Parks review is a popular go-to site http://www.rvparkreviews.com/  Cell phone apps such as RV Parky and Park Advisor are also helpful. These sites have reviews so one can get a flavor of the park's facilities and management. Having another board on the Forum would be a duplication of effort IMHO.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2020, 06:59:39 PM »
Steve, My request is not for another park review source, rather it is for which RV parks you have been to when you travel. Say you plan to go to the Pacific NW, north of Seattle. Instead of having to go city by city, read review, then choose a park, a Beaver Trails listing  would let you know which parks have been frequented by other members. The same idea as the request for info on Bozeman. Its just like using the Beaver forum for technical info; There are plenty of sites where I can find out info on my coach, but I've learned that the info here is generally more useful.

Beaver Trails could be organized by BCS region, say, for simplicity.
525 hp C13

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2020, 07:03:42 PM »
Did I say BCS region? Meant BAC region!
525 hp C13

John Bagwell

• BAC Member
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2020, 09:28:01 PM »
There was at one time a site callled BAC favorite Places, but I don’t believe it is active  anymore.  It was like you are talking about.

http://bacfavoriteplaces.com/
John Bagwell
2001 Monterey 36ft.
CAT 3126B
Toad. 2020 Ford Ranger

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2020, 09:56:11 PM »
Bill,
I understand your view, However, some members will be unable to restrain themselves from commenting positively and negatively about the parks listed. I don't have the time or inclination to monitor another board. Consider my approach; I keep a list of parks mentioned in areas I want to visit. I also search the posts for ideas on place to stay.

John,
There was a Favorite Places site on the old BAC web site but it was dropped due to lack of use. There were only  few (less that 10 if I remember correctly) entries.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2020, 11:31:12 PM »
You can signup on RVillage.com to use for finding all kinds of recommendations regarding RV parks, Elks Lodges and Moose Lodges with RV parking, boondocking sites, Harvest Hosts, interesting places for sightseeing, etc., and the details are added, amended, and updated daily as folks use them.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2020, 12:57:12 AM »
Thanks all, I am aware of many RV sites and member of many, so I know how to find an RV park. I am looking, like Adam, the OP, for a list of a few parks in a particular area. I'm sorry if my request would be burdensome or controversial to some, not my intent, just looking for the same info, for different places, as was the OP. Thanks.
525 hp C13

The following users thanked this post: Carol Moffett