Author Topic: Update / Help with Batt Cut Out Switch / Girard Door Awning / Tag Lift Mechanism  (Read 2003 times)

Anand Shah

Hi All -

First, I'm a new-to-me owner of a 2007 Marquis Lapis, and have spent the last two months fixing everything that was broken, and then some.  Thanks to the help of folks on this forum, I've solved almost all of the many things I needed to address.  Also converted the rear closet into Bunks to boot (it is reversible for those who commented earlier on the potential value reduction for doing so, pic attached).

I have a few new issues:

* SOLVED update 6/6 * (1) The batt cut-out switch is having issues.  Today the Intellitec and Gen power cut out intermittently and i had to mess with the cutout switch to get them to work.  The coach is parked far away and I failed to open the panel and record the Carling switch number for this - does anyone by chance know what switch is it is so I can carry a back up for a coming trip?   I'll also look at the wiring diagrams for this or a similar coach in BAC tech resources.

(2) My Girard door awning (through the Intellitec / Multiplex) doesn't work.   I could hear the solenoid click in the front passenger ceiling, removed the trim and checked the fuses in all of the intellitec modules under the front cap / above the overhead cabinets but can't seem to get to wherever the solenoid is clicking.  Any ideas?   I did find a loose cable up there (pic below), would also love any advice if any of you know what this is.

(3) I tried to lift my tag for the first time today and I could hear serious air release continuing and watched both the front and rear air tanks quickly deplete (over a few minutes) while the tag lift light was flashing (valid air/hyd panel).   Is this normal?   Couldn't find much about it in the manual, so I'm not sure how the tag lift actually works.  Any advice appreciated or my gut tells me there is an air leak somewhere in the tag lift mechanism.

Thanks in advance for all of your input - this forum has been very valuable in my two months of using it.

Anand
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 11:30:00 PM by Anand Shah »

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
I'll tackle a question not asked: The multi pin connector in your two photos is for your CD changer, plugs into your Kenwood interface block. Nice job on the bunks!!
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Anand Shah

Thanks!  There is no Kenwood system / CD changer in the coach anymore.   Might explain why is it plugged into nothing!