Author Topic: Front windshield  (Read 1947 times)

Dale Soule

• BAC Member
Front windshield
« on: July 13, 2021, 03:52:56 AM »
Where would one start to look for a front windshield for a 2006 Beaver Monteray.  Coming from Gillette picked up a big rock, headed for Reno.
2006 Beaver Monterey Montclair IV
Chassis: Magnum
Engine: C-9-400
Dale Soule'

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Front windshield
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2021, 04:35:56 AM »
Dale,
RV Glass is a club sponsor and nationwide.  https://rvglassexperts.com/
I've used them multiple times and always left satisfied with both $ and service.
Steve
Steve
Coachless
2015- 6/24  07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 02:48:03 PM »
Dale,
RV Glass Solutions is a national company that sells you the windshield and then ships it to anyplace is the US where you want the work done.

When we were in the North Dakota oil fields area we caught a rock thrown by a dump truck. When we got home to Illinois we called them. The windshield was shipped from a warehouse in Indiana to our local glass shop. They are a preferred vendor for RV Glass Solutions so it was convenient.

The entire cost, including shipping, the crate, and installation was right at $2250.00, albeit in 2015. I have attached a copy of the invoice so you can see what's included.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Bill Sprague

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2021, 02:56:20 PM »
I took our '04 Monterey to RV Glass Solutions (twice) in Coburg, OR.   I think it is their headquarters.  No complaints. 

Dale Soule

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2021, 03:58:47 PM »
Thank you everybody, called yesterday, They were not to encouraging, said they would get back when they located the glass, and an installer.  $3,000. plus extras to ship, etc.  But we are hopeful. Thanks again. 
2006 Beaver Monterey Montclair IV
Chassis: Magnum
Engine: C-9-400
Dale Soule'

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2021, 04:27:43 PM »
Unfortunately, when it happened to us, we didn't have a windshield rider on our comprehensive coverage. So. the cost was out of pocket. We have a rider now. Of course, no more rocks in 6 years.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2021, 10:32:02 PM »
That’s a good alert to owners here, especially newbies to these coaches.  Even if it’s a mere rock chip that requires a $40 resin fill to prevent spreading cracks, a larger rock impact, or off-level stress cracking, having windshield riders on your policy is one of the more likely policy features you’ll use.  Check your declarations page for windshield damage or replacement coverage.  That part of ours (Nationwide/Allied) is only $35.16/year.

I’ve recommended RV Glass Solutions to several here since getting our Beaver, and to relatives with friends that needed help.  All instances worked out well, even for those in somewhat less populated areas.  The company representatives in all regions seem capable, and well-trained.

Joel
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 10:39:29 PM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat
The following users thanked this post: Jeff Pettit

Jeff Pettit

• BAC Member
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2021, 03:40:34 PM »
We contacted https://rvglassexperts.com about our 1995 Marquis with a split windshield with a small crack on the passager side, they were friendly and the price seemed fair compared to other quotes we have gotten locally.  They have our glass but working on finding a local installer. They quoted us $630 for the windshield and I believe around $150 for the crate, but the cost of installing will be more than the windshield.  I am calling them back to tell them we can drive a couple of hundred miles if needed to find an installer.  We stopped at a few local shops before contacting  https://rvglassexperts.com/  one local guy said he would only do it if we let him replace both glasses ??? ... but only one is cracked.

Joel thanks for the advice on the windshield rider, once we get the cracked fixed will get the rider added.
1995 Beaver Marquis  Sapphire
8.3 Cummins