Author Topic: Just bought my new Michelins with Monaco pricing  (Read 15127 times)

Joel Weiss

Just bought my new Michelins with Monaco pricing
« on: August 04, 2011, 02:08:23 AM »
In case anyone here is unaware of the Michelin National Account pricing negotiated by Monaco for members of the Monaco Club, I wanted report that I just purchased 6 Michelin XZE+2 275/70-22.5 and the process works smoothly and the prices are substantially below anything you can obtain directly from tire dealers.

What was great was that we could arrange to buy them from a dealer in a city that happened to be convenient for our schedule since the price was the same no matter where we purchased them.  We happen to be in Casper WY and I can highly recommend Tire Professionals, the local Michelin truck tire dealer there.

As is pointed out in the tire program literature, it is important to use to a dealer who is familiar with the National Account process.  That way you don't have to waste your time educating the dealer that there is no way he can meet the national account pricing so don't waste the effort.

LEAH DRAPER

Re: Just bought my new Michelins with Monaco pricing
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 02:14:17 AM »
Where did you get this information for this program.  Also does the fact that your a Beaver not a Monaco make a difference?

Larry Fisk

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 03:28:44 AM »
Bummer, just replaced my tires with Michelins last spring. Oh well, win some lose some.  :'(
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 03:37:59 AM by 3358 »
Larry Fisk
2005 Patriot Thunder 40 ft.
525 (C-13) CAT Engine

Phil Sales

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 03:21:39 PM »
Leah Draper: The discount is part of Monaco International which is a part of FMCA. to get the discount you must join MI.
 Beavers are in the Monaco Family so you are elligable.

Joel Weiss

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 03:47:18 PM »
Monaco International (the Monaco Club) is open to all owners of Monaco "heritage" vehicles including Beaver.  Membership is ~$40 which is more than recovered from the savings on the tires.  The information on the program is provided when you join.  All of us who have access to it are sworn not to publish the prices since they are below dealer cost.

David Fischer

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 10:35:08 PM »
What was the price?

Bob Adams

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 02:37:23 PM »
I got mine through the same program and while we are not supposed to publish the prices I can say that others have reported minimum $100.00 per tire savings based on 295/80R 22.5's. That was after the party had done extensive comparison shopping. Same party was able to sell his carcasses and saved the disposal fee.

Dick Simonis

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 03:39:29 PM »
I saw a similiar program on the fmca website and I wonder if it's the same as Monco offers???

http://www.fmca.com/join-family-motor-coach-association/member-benefits/fmca-connections/3455

If the same, than no need to join the Monaco organization.

Dick

Mike Nunn

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 01:48:33 AM »
Is there a minimum number of tires you have to purchase?

Bob Adams

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 04:37:28 PM »
No minimum on the Monaco International fleet program. Can't speak to the other Monaco program.

Joel Weiss

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 01:08:25 AM »
Quote from: Dick Simonis
I saw a similiar program on the fmca website and I wonder if it's the same as Monco offers???

http://www.fmca.com/join-family-motor-coach-association/member-benefits/fmca-connections/3455

If the same, than no need to join the Monaco organization.

Dick

I just looked at the FMCA website page you referenced; even after logging in I do not see the actual prices being charged.  On the Monaco program there is a list of prices by tire size.  I would not want to purchase a tire with simply the promise that the price would be better than the dealer's.

Joel Weiss

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 01:09:28 AM »
Quote from: ]No minimum on the Monaco International fleet program. Can't speak to the other Monaco program.[/quote

I think there is only one program; it is through the Monaco International owners club.

Joel Buchan

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2011, 11:04:10 PM »
Is there a expiration date for this program offered to Monaco International?

JimDyer

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2011, 11:59:21 AM »
The FMCA program is different, in my case it would only have saved me $150 per tire versus the $275 thee MIRV! savings of $275 per tire. And I love the ride on my xza2 Energyss 295/80R22.5

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2011, 07:49:48 PM »
Not to get too far off topic, but I find it strange that a large organization like FMCA can't negotiate better offers for their membership.  

They had a deal set with Verizon Wireless and even proffered it in the magazine, but it fell through before anyone could take advantage of it.  As Jim discovered, apparently Monaco has more pull with Michelin than the FMCA does, even though FMCA represents a lot more wheels.  And I've found that both Costco and Good Sam offer lower RV refinance rates than FMCA, even though all three use Essex Credit.  Go figger.   :-/

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat