Author Topic: Gathering at Fort Flagler Wa  (Read 3132 times)

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Gathering at Fort Flagler Wa
« on: March 25, 2022, 04:26:44 AM »
June is fast approaching as is the 2022 Gathering at Fort Flagler Wa.
When last I heard there were perhaps 20 or more coaches attending but being a gathering only there is no master list.
If you are planning to attend we would love to hear from you either email or simply respond here.

See you there
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!
The following users thanked this post: Jerry Carr, Bill Lampkin

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
Re: Gathering at Fort Flagler Wa
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2022, 12:21:08 PM »
See you soon via OKC
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13
The following users thanked this post: Keith Moffett

Steve Misemer

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2022, 11:33:59 PM »
Hi Keith

My wife and I are new Beaver owners of a 2006 Marquis. Can you tell me when this event is?

Thank you

Steve
2006 Marquis Jade Copper Marsh
44'
Cat C 13 525hp
Steve Misemer

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2022, 01:17:43 AM »
Hi Steve, I am sure that Keith will get back to you, we  will be at site 110 at Fort Flagler on Monday June 6 - Monday June 13, 2022. This is not a rally but a fun gathering. Keith can explain as this is a state park.   
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Kemp B McLeod

• BAC Member
  • "Ruby"
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2022, 02:06:47 AM »
Hello All!

Me and DW are very interested. From what I can see they don't have a choice on the dropdown for our sized rigs? Am I missing something?

Nevermind! User error. Still very interested :)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 02:13:50 AM by Kemp B McLeod »
04 Beaver Marquis Ruby 40'
C-12 505 HP
2010 Jeep JKU

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2022, 12:07:53 PM »
Your correct about the sizes listed but most of the sites will handle our rigs , check with Keith he knows the park well
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Bill Sprague

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2022, 05:36:32 PM »
Kemp, Steve and other new Beavers,

BJ and I were camphosts at Ft. Flagler in about 2010 when the tradition of Flagler (almost annual) gatherings started.  At the time, Flagler was unknown as a "big rig" campsite.  State Parks had freshly remodeled the "lower campground" with full water, sewer and 50 amp power.   Most of the campsites are "back in" and they put in concrete curbs to keep people from backing on to the grass.  Rangers that didn't understand RVs measured the distance from the low curb to where they thought the front should be.  Since most us us back up to the curb with our tires, the "official" measurements are all about a dozen feet short for what really fits! 

The worst part now is getting a site.  Word got out, the reservation system morphed and covid brought incredible demand.  To get a campsite, you need to be online to the day, six nine months before you want to camp.   I checked as I'm typing and I see no open sites for the dates of this year's Flagler gathering.  It is booked solid for the summer months.

BJ and I will very sadly be missing Flagler this year.   We found a conflicting opportunity for a trip to Alaska.   The only good part was that Jerry wanted a site.  We got online together and were talking by phone.  I pushed the cancelation button and a green availability dot showed up on his screen within seconds!  He took it!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 05:52:07 PM by Bill Sprague »
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley, Jerry Carr

Bill Sprague

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2022, 05:55:25 PM »
Steve and Kemp,

I encourage you to "drop in" on the group even if you can't get a site.  Make a day trip out of it.  You will be welcomed and all will enjoy meeting you.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2022, 11:17:18 PM »
Thanks Bill, for the input here.  I was going to comment when the thread originated that Flagler would likely be full due to its popularity.  This gathering I knew required our members to be jumping the hour reservations activated.  I figured you or another would clarify the fact for newbies, and I hate giving discouraging info to new members, so I deferred.  There are a couple of annual NW assemblies we’d like to attend, but irregular, hard to get medical appointments strangle our ability to schedule very far out.

With renewed interest in RVing, thinking well ahead is more critical than ever.  That’s a bit of a anathema for us who far more enjoy simple “gunkholing” than tying ourselves to a schedule.

Joel and Lee
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat
The following users thanked this post: Kemp B McLeod

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2022, 08:04:26 PM »
We would like to thank everyone here.  Apologies for my delay in responding.
We are at Ft. Flagler 6/7 to 6/17 and would welcome Beavers and friends.  This is a gathering not a rally so no formal functions are planned.  Bring pot luck stuff and a healthy appetite for friends and fun and shared meals.
The park measured the sites as though the wheel stop was the back but our coaches hang well past that.  When searching for size the 35 foot should do fine excepting the furthest back in the corners which show on the map.
Cancellations appear nearly daily so check often.
We are in spot #89 and are in the Patriot Thunder.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2022, 08:19:44 PM »
Welcome to the Beaver family Misener’s and McLeods.
Unlike the traditional rallies a ‘gathering’ is informal.  We are there from 6/7 to 6/17 so any days there you are welcome. 
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!