Author Topic: LED marker lights  (Read 8476 times)

John Burt

LED marker lights
« on: September 02, 2011, 04:39:53 PM »
We are having trouble finding LED marker lights for our 2000 marquis.  Any suggestions where we can find them? :)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 05:37:14 PM by 14 »

Bill Sprague

Re: LED marker lights
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 04:44:35 PM »
Quote from: ]We are having touble finding LED marker lights for our 2000 marquis.Any suggestions where we can find them. :)[/quote

I typed "LED marker lights" into Amazon and got this:  http://www.amazon.com/Peterson-V180R-Piranha-Clearance-Marker/dp/B001RMV5KO/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

John Burt

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 04:53:52 PM »
Thanks I will try them.

Frank Bannert

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 06:58:31 PM »
Try ebay. they have a numerous type. At a wide range of prices.

Mandy Canales

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 06:15:14 PM »
I just bought my LED lights through VEHICLELIGHT.COM out of Solano Beach, CA.  They are the same lights that Jim Bull, Jim Nichols, and Lamar Keck put on their coaches.  They have a nice selection.
Mandy Canales
90 Beaver Marquis 40'
Cat 3208
Charter Member
Apple Valley, CA

Jeremy Parrett

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 07:16:37 PM »
It occured to me that with 16 clearance and marker lights ,6 brake ,tail and side lights (all supplied with 12 volts from the dash light switch) it might make a significant difference to the headlight voltage when all these are switched to LED !!!!   Any thoughts?? :)

Gil_Johnson

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 09:09:18 PM »
The marker and parking lights should come on with the first position of the headlight switch and the headlights with the second.  So, all lights should not be going through one set of contacts.  As said in other threads, your headlights should not be directly powered from the headlight switch.  They should be powered by a headlight relay that's energized by the headlight switch.

Keith Oliver

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2011, 09:26:05 PM »
I have found one of the marker "lights" to have no bulb, no socket, just the outside part.  It is the red one on the passenger side, behind the rear wheels.  Is this proper?
On the driver's side, in that position, there is a marker/turn signal, complete and operational.
I got down under the coach to reconnect the bulb and socket, but none exists on that side of the coach.  In order to reconnect, I will first need to buy some wire, socket, and bulb, and then attach to both the turn and marker circuits.  Has anyone noted this oddity on your coaches?

Edward Buker

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2011, 12:43:01 AM »
Kieth and all,

That is a strange one, looks like a wiring mess up at the factory that was never corrected. Another coach owner may be able to tell you if they have a reflector or a light in that coach position. Not sure which is correct.

As far as improving the headlight issue, adding the LEDs will not likely make a difference. It is a wire harness issue and there is already a relay system built into the Smartwheel headlight control circuit if you have that feature. I'm still not sure where all the voltage drop comes from but I may have the time to take a look soon. I know the wire gauge is an issue.

Later Ed