Author Topic: Coolant change on ISC 350  (Read 5326 times)

Jim Shaw

Coolant change on ISC 350
« on: September 11, 2011, 10:07:37 PM »
I need to change the coolant on my Cummins ISC 350. There is a drain cock in the lower hose, but I'm not sure it will let it all drain out. I will also change the coolant filter at the same time. I had it changed one time and was charged for 10 gallon so I bought 11 gallons to be sure. Never hurts to have a little extra. Anyone changed it and is there any thing else I need to know?
Jim
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 12:37:39 AM by 14 »

Jim Shaw

Re: Coolant change on ISC 350
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 10:12:58 PM »
Thanks for the call George I found the drain cock on the engine as well as the one in the pipe. I finally found my bilge pump that I will use to pump the coolant into the tank and will try to get it done tomorrow afternoon, Beaver sure did a lousy job of the placement of the tank.
Thanks again,
Jim

Sean Donohue

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 06:44:48 PM »
How did the change out go... any tips to share?  Did you use the 50/50 mx or did you mix your own and did you use the required distilled water?  Thankz

Jim Shaw

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 12:19:18 AM »
The change went well, no problems at all.  I opened the drain cock in the lower hose pipe, and the one on the engine, just aft of the oil filter.  I also changed the coolant filter, with one that has 4 units of DCA.  I used the Fleet Guard ES Complete Ethylene Glycol.  It is premixed and does not require any water. The service interval is 150,000 miles, but you still need to check it with the test strips a couple times a year. There is also an ES Complete OAT that is organic, and does not require the DCA or testing as often.  I decided not to use it, because if I had a leak, it could be hard to find, and it is not compatible with anything else, if my info is correct.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 04:37:38 AM by 14 »