Author Topic: Hydro hot  zone one not working  (Read 11476 times)

Jeff Watt

Re: Hydro hot  zone one not working
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2011, 12:58:13 AM »
Good to hear you got your system working.

I want to mention my own situation as strange/simple as it is for others to ponder as it is somewhat similar.

I purchased a 2005 Patriot Thunder this June and hadn't really looked at the heat until getting ready to go on a trip beginning of September. Hydrohot works fine, but nothing (no heat/or fans) coming out of the living room heat vents and nothing out of the bedroom. Checked the thermostats and only the Zone 2 (which is bathroom) showed furnace. Called HydroHot and they said it is likely a Dometic problem. Called Dometic and after a bit of back and forth the cust/ser rep said that the DIP switch for furnace on the A/C units need to be on. Seemed odd to me but what do I know. So I climbed on the roof, took the covers off and the DIP switch for furnace was off on both units. Set them to on, reset the thermostats and Voila heat out of every zone.

I do remember the gentleman I purchased it from saying it was a cold unit and that heating wasn't good - probably because the only heat was coming out of the register in the bathroom. He lamented about leaving Manitoba in November because the unit was so cold. NO idea how it could have been set up like this as he purchased it new. Regardless, it works now and heats well. I think these units could use a li

I am just chalking it up to another strange thing that can come with used(new?) units.