Author Topic: Main Slide Lock  (Read 4859 times)

Jim Shaw

Main Slide Lock
« on: October 21, 2011, 10:00:50 PM »
I have a 2003 Monterey and the cable inside my slide lock broke. This is the lock that is mounted on each end of the slide with the springs in it.
Does anyone know where I can get parts for the lock? Desperate for parts, any idea's will help.
Jim

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Main Slide Lock
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 10:06:03 PM »
Did you try Power Gear?
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Paul Schwalen

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 10:53:36 PM »
Jim,

I got them from Lazy Days 2 years ago when Power Gear said they were not making them anymore. Lazy Days somehow got them in less than a week.

Good luck.

Paul

Richard McQuillan

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 05:51:35 AM »
[size=14][/size]About 2 years ago they had the entire assembly available at Beaver Coach Sales in Bend. As an option, you could probably repair/replace the cable using parts from any good hardware store. You would need to purchase some of the correct diameter steel cable, some swedges and the appropriate swedging tool.

Dick
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 05:53:48 AM by 112 »
Dick McQuillan
2004 38' Monterey Huntington

Gil_Johnson

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 12:27:34 PM »
Unless the cable has unique fittings any good sailboat rigging shop can make you new cables.

Don Voss

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 11:07:20 PM »
What happened to the locking mechanism?  About a year ago the cable that retracts the lock into plastic cover when the slide is extended, broke.  I finally fixed mine by taking it apart, and using 150 lb test stainless fishing leader.  I also had to replace one of the the small cloth covered springs.  I got all of the parts through Beaver Coach sales in Bend.  You will have to get the black plastic rivets from them too to reattach the plastic cover to the stainless mechanism.  The retracting cable does not have to be that large, because the only pressure on it comes from the two small springs.  I had the guy at the fishing shop help me with crimping the fishing leader with their special tool.  So far so good.  On the other hand, if its the actual locking cable that broke, then you will probably have to go with a larger cable.

Don
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 11:43:27 PM by 14 »