Author Topic: SCS Fridgette basement AC repair  (Read 3102 times)

Robert and Wanda Lindgren

SCS Fridgette basement AC repair
« on: October 21, 2011, 10:13:12 PM »
The SCS Fridgette AC unit in the basement of my 2002 Marquis recently produced what I am told was an overvoltage situation and burned a part of the circuit board. The company that had manufactured the circuit board and wall thermostat does not produce those products anymore but one of their employees repaired it and sent it back to a local repair shop to reinstall. The local shop - McClain's in Fort Worth, TX - does not have schematics for the Fridgette unit and does not know how to check for the overvoltage condition and it's cause. I hoping that someone in BAC can help me find someone who can help me with this problem. I'll watch this site. If you'd like to call me I'm at 817-675-9378.

Gerald Farris

Re: SCS Fridgette basement AC repair
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 03:37:00 AM »
Robert,
I think that you will probably find that the reason that your circuit board burned a trace is because of excess amperage draw and not an over voltage situation. The SCS circuit boards are just marginal in their ability to carry the amperage for their compressors.

I had a trace burn on the circuit in my Marquis last spring. So I repaired the burned trace with a 12 gauge jumper wire to replace the burned trace. My readings at that time the compressor on that circuit was drawing about 1 to 2 amps more than it should, however everything worked OK until 4 months later when the compressor shorted out and tripped the breaker.

Gerald  
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 04:59:03 AM by 5 »