Author Topic: Air ride  (Read 5603 times)

Bruce Sevier

• BAC Member
Air ride
« on: November 10, 2011, 09:52:44 AM »
Having trouble with our 1999 Beaver Marquis leaning to the left when traveling down the road.  Will stop to check and the left rear is low and the mud flap is hitting the pavement.  I then use the air leveling system to level the coach and raise the rear, but after a few hundred miles it is leaning to the left again.  Any suggestion on what is causing the problem, and how to repair it would be greatly appreciated.
Bruce Sevier
99 Marquis

Richard And Babs Ames

Re: Air ride
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 02:29:14 PM »
The rear has two "Ride Height Control Valves" and may only require a simple adjustment. It is done by moving the rod up or down attached to the valve.

Be Careful as movement of the Rod Can cause the air bag to deflate. Best done in very small increments and driving the coach between adjustments. If not confortable have it done by a truck frame and axle shop.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 03:04:16 PM »
Bruce,
While this is a very easy item to repair, there is a safety concern here. It sounds like your coach either needs a new ride height sensor or a sensor linkage repair/adjustment. The safety concern arises when you are working on the sensor and or linkage, one simple mistake can easily deflate the air suspension and lower the coach on to anyone that is under it. So if you are not knowledgeable about the suspension, I would recommend having a qualified shop repair the problem, or at least have adequate safety stands in place for your protection.

Gerald

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 11:37:17 AM »
Bruce
You do not mention your location.  We had a problem with one ride height sensor and so replaced all three.  Coachmasters of Bend found three for us and installed them at a reasonable price.  Beaver coach sales was just as happy to help when we called them.
Keith
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

David Fischer

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 01:58:41 PM »
I have a 1997 Marquis and just had the same problem.  It has always leaned to the left a little, but when getting back to Albuquerque from a trip east I noticed a decided lean to the left and the rear was low.  So I took it in to a service place and when I was pulling it into a bay they heard air coming out the rear end.  The long and short of it is I had both rear valves were leaking along with a small hole in an air line.  After having them replaced and set at proper ride height,  I am riding fine now.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 07:05:59 AM by 14 »