Author Topic: Low air alarm?  (Read 5708 times)

Tom and Pat Fudale

Low air alarm?
« on: December 31, 2011, 12:42:13 PM »
I neglected to fully inflate the air bags and retracted the jacks, immediately there came a loud alarm from the engine compartment. Where is this alarm? this is the first time I ever heard this alarm.

JimDyer

Re: Low air alarm?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 02:45:58 PM »
The buzzer or bell is probably under the dash. And it is there to tell you you need to wait to let the air compressor catch up.

Dick Simonis

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 04:14:56 PM »
I've got some kind of a warbling tone under the front someplace that changes frequency as the air goes up and down.  Does it indepandant of anything else.  Strange but effective.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 12:38:49 AM by 14 »

Tom and Pat Fudale

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 10:53:31 PM »
I was refering to an alarm coming from the engine compartment that sounds like a loud car horn. This is not the buzzer from the dash.

Gil_Johnson

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 12:11:01 AM »
Tom is it an alarm or just an air leak? Some air leaks can sound like a horn.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 02:46:28 AM »
Tom,
Are you sure that it was not a back-up alarm that some coaches are equipped with. If so it comes on when the engine is running and the transmission is in reverse.

Gerald

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 10:14:18 AM »
Okay, I don't have jacks, so maybe this is up the wrong creek, but if a rear jack hung up because the coach was too low when you tried to raise the jack, would that result in either a warning alarm or some sort of hydraulic stress noise from the affected area?

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Gerald Farris

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 02:03:17 PM »
Joel,
The answer to your question is no. Beaver has not used folding jacks in nearly twenty years, so it does not matter what height the coach is when the jacks are retracted since the jacks are straight cylinders.

Gerald

Tom and Pat Fudale

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012, 05:09:07 PM »
Actually the alarm was sounding with the ignition off and only stopped when the engine was restarted. No it was not the back-up alarm as the tranny was in neutral. Also it was much too loud to be an air leak.