Author Topic: Rear Electric Slide Out  (Read 3819 times)

Gil_Johnson

Rear Electric Slide Out
« on: January 07, 2012, 04:26:40 PM »
FYI, I have a 2008 Contessa, and my road side rear slide out has always seemed to struggle to open.  I had assume it was dragging on the carpet, and that I'd have to replace the carpet with something that wasn't as thick.  I just discovered that the most inward slide out rollers are adjustable, so that the foot of the bed platform can be adjusted up or down.  These are hard to find as they are buried under the edge of the carpet.  With your slide fully opened, you can find a 7/16" bolt on the left and right sides of the end of the bed platform, right at or under the edge of the carpet.  A simple adjustment has solved my problem. :)

« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 07:35:40 PM by 14 »

Don and Kathy DuCharme

• BAC Member
Re: Rear Electric Slide Out
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 03:36:03 AM »
Thanks for that information Gil, it may help explain our problem.  We left MI a week ago in route to Indio, and discovered that our street side bedroom slide out was non-functional.  Could hear the motor running, but slide out did not move.  Further investigation revealed that a plastic gear in the mechanism was melted and distorted such that it no longer made contact with the motor gear.  We are now looking for parts to repair the mechanism.  Will be certain to check the adjustment after we get the mechanism repaired.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 06:12:32 AM by 14 »
07 Contessa
C9;400HP

Steven Link

• BAC Member
    • whitehousevet.com
Re: Rear Electric Slide Out
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 01:26:32 PM »
The rollers at the wall will also "dig" into the bottom of the slideout. I posted a repair for this some months back:

http://forum.bacrallies.com/m-1315241108/s-0/highlight-slideout+repair/#num0
Steven & Penny Link
Springfield, TN
2009 Marquis,  Cat C-15