Author Topic: dash cover for 2006 Montery Laguna 4  (Read 6553 times)

Roger Bowton

dash cover for 2006 Montery Laguna 4
« on: January 09, 2012, 08:53:23 PM »
Am looking for a dash cover for our 2006 Monterey LAGUNA 4. Would like to have Sure Grip instead of Velcro. Josie does velcro. What do all of you do with your dash for protection?  Thanks, Roger and Deb

LEAH DRAPER

Re: dash cover for 2006 Montery Laguna 4
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 03:32:06 PM »
Since I live in New Mexico and have access to much Southwest rugs and other covers I have my Contessa's dash covered with colorful rugs type mats some of which are almost the width of the dash.  Velcro sticks well for items on the dash where needed.  I am a fan of the southwest decor so it fit right in rather than paying $200-300 for a custom cover.

Steve Adams

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 11:45:23 PM »
We wanted a dash cover for our 2001 Contessa and could not find one. While checking out a thrift store we found a huge red fleece blanket for $5.00. It fits the dash nicely and the cat loves it! It's not the prettiest thing but it works great.

Steve

Edward Buker

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 03:36:04 AM »
I took some large roll paper that you use to mask for painting and cut a half pattern for the forward part of the dash that went from the centerline to one side pillar. We purhased some fabric and some piping and my wife sewed two of these pieces and then joined them in the center. We cover just the forward part of the dash and have an MCD power shade that comes down and meets where the dash cover ends. This project in the scheme of things was relatively easy and it gives you a choice of fabric. Using paper you can get a pattern that covers just what you want to cover and by taping the dash segmented paper pieces together you can create a pattern that you are happy with. We used an upolstery fabric that is quite flexible, I have never liked the carpet kind of dash covers, too bulky for my taste.

Later Ed