Author Topic: Alladin reset  (Read 7744 times)

Victor Picciotto

Alladin reset
« on: January 16, 2012, 04:06:18 PM »
Alladin returning crazy info. Found box above drivers seat. Looking for reset, black box, no reset appears on the box. 2003 Monterey.

Ken Buck

Re: Alladin reset
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 04:44:20 PM »
My Alladin reset button looks like this, in the cabinet above and to the left of the driving chair. Have you got anything that looks like it?

Dennis Mecklenburg

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 05:40:23 PM »
Alladin reset on my 03 Monterey is accessible and visible, (you might need a mirror) thru the vents at the front of the tv box above the driver. No id of any kind, just a reset button. Good luck    
P.S. If no tv in box, or Tv swings away, you may be able to get at it from the inside of the box. Just look towards the vent grille and it should be in that vicinity.

Victor Picciotto

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 06:53:52 PM »
Nothing like that

Victor Picciotto

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 07:02:38 PM »
In cabinet left of driver. multiple cables and wires. no sign of anything that looks like a reset.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 08:12:48 PM by 14 »

John Hennessey

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 09:18:19 PM »
our 2003 has a switch labeled something totally unrelated to Alladin.  The tech at Beaver motorcoaches in Bend told us that the manfacturer put left over switches for the reset so yours could be labeled anything.
John & Linda Hennessey
2023-Thor Omni Class C
2011-2023 - 2003 Marquis

Jay and Raylene Todd

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 11:22:00 PM »
I realize that ours is a different coach model but our reset is in the cabinet behind the passengers seat containing the television control and home theater equipment. The point here is - look around in other places, not just above the driver where an Alladin box is. I have at least 5 boxes just like the one in your photograph located all over the coach and none of them have anything at all to do with the reset switch which isn't located anywhere near any of them.

Victor Picciotto

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 12:02:52 AM »
Have looked in the tv vent with inspection mirror nothing. Also looked behind the unit, cannot find any sort of reset or on off switch.

MarcRodstein

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 05:54:13 PM »
The Alladin reset button on my 2003 Montery is accessed though the cabinet above the drivers side window, but it is not in that cabinet but forward of it. To get to the button I must remove the forward panel inside the referenced cabinet.

Jim Shaw

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 09:03:59 PM »
My switch was in the same location as Marc,s. After finding the switch I drilled a hole and mounted it in the panel I removed before reinstalling the panel. Now I can reset the addalin by just opening the cabinet door and turn it off and back on.
Jim

MarcRodstein

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 04:32:38 AM »
I considered doing the same, but since I have only needed to access it once in the 9 years I have had my coach, I haven't bothered.

Victor Picciotto

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2012, 11:42:01 PM »
Thanks for trying to help. However could not find.

LarryNCarolynShirk

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2012, 12:09:11 AM »
To reset the Aladdin, you may try disconnection the power to the Aladdin, and then reconnect, to determine if resetting the unit solves the problem.  If it solves the problem, you may need to find the switch next time.  If it does not solve the problem, finding the switch is a moot point.  Look elsewhere for a solution.

Larry

Victor Picciotto

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2012, 12:15:50 AM »
Thanks already tried power disconnect.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2012, 07:14:18 AM »

Did you read this post by Paul Schwalen in a thread some time ago:

"I have been using the Alladin for 2+ years now and have experienced the same thing.  I finally figured out that if I turn the Alladin on before the 8 seconds shutdown has completed (when you shut the engine down) that sometimes this xxxx business happens.  To solve the issue I turn the Alladin off at the push button on the display then turn it back on and it usually is OK.  (sometimes it takes 2 or 3 tries)  Also, I try not to turn the Alladin on before the 8 second shutdown and wait for the shutdown and then turn it back on if needed."

-Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat