Author Topic: Bose System inop  (Read 5982 times)

Michael Kauffman

Bose System inop
« on: January 24, 2012, 07:28:04 PM »
[size=14]Hi Everybody, Our power was out for 5 days last week.  We dry camped in the Patriot much of the time.  We watched movies the other night and ran the Bose system.  Everything was fine.  The next day I turned on the system and got nothing.  No matter what input I tried.  I have 120 volt power to the amp it just won't fire up.  Can the remote power switch in the overhead cabinet go bad?  Or is there a way to override the switch to see if it's the amp?  Thanks, Mike[/size]   :-/

JimDyer

Re: Bose System inop
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 10:32:15 PM »
My 98 bose had a blown fuse.......may be your issue?

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 10:35:48 PM »
Mike,
The most likely reason for your problem is a bad fuse. There is a 2 amp glass Buss fuse in the amp that fails. To replace it you have to remove the cover on the amp, and you will see the fuse on the circuit board.

You will probably have to go to Radio Shack or a similar store to find the fuse, because these fuses were discontinued in automotive applications many years ago.

Gerald  

Michael Kauffman

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 06:12:44 PM »
[size=14]Thanks Guys,  It acted like a fuse or reset button, but I couldn't see one.  I'll pop the cover and take a look.  Thanks again, Mike  :)  [/size]

Michael Kauffman

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 04:50:05 AM »
[size=14]Well I took the cover off and found a couple of fuses that were good.  Damn....  Then I keep looking and found a single fuse on the bottom too.  It was bad, yay!!  Popped in a new one and it works great.  Thanks for the info....  Mike[/size]