Author Topic: Leveling Valve Linkage Parts, Ride Height Linkage  (Read 8739 times)

Bill Johnson

Leveling Valve Linkage Parts, Ride Height Linkage
« on: March 03, 2012, 06:23:33 PM »
I wanted to provide an update to the leveling valve issue.  The part (Haldex Linkage Repair Kit #RN10JC) is available via NAPA.  Our local stores did not have it in stock, but could easily obtain it.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 10:35:19 PM by 14 »

LarryNCarolynShirk

Re: Leveling Valve Linkage Parts, Ride Height Linkage
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 10:33:30 PM »
Thank you Bill,

That is good info for future reference.

Larry

Bill Johnson

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 11:56:03 PM »
Larry, I could not have done it without your guidance!

Edward Buker

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 12:39:36 AM »
This is a question that anyone can chime in on but in particular Bill, Larry, and Gerald for sure. Given the issue that this part fail would stop you on the road with a breakdown would it be wise to carry one of these on board? With this fail I am not sure if one could even get under the coach given the clearances. It might be possible with a tow truck providing a secured lift to get the job done. What are your thoughts?

Later Ed
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 11:51:19 PM by 5 »

Gerald Farris

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 01:32:20 AM »
Ed,
I agree that carrying a ride height linkage repair kit would not be a bad idea, especially since they seem to be a common failure point in the air suspension. However, I would not trust a tow truck to hold the coach up while I repaired the linkage. I would trust the leveling system on your coach first, and would advise anyone to also use safety stands or heavy wood blocks between the axle and frame for safety reasons. If a coach falls on you once, that is once too many.

Even if you do not repair the linkage yourself, having the part that almost any competent mechanic can install could save you a lot of time waiting on parts.

Gerald
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 02:57:42 PM by 235 »

Edward Buker

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 04:29:30 AM »
Thanks Gerald for the info and the safety advice. Never having the fail, the metal linkage in the photo looks pretty robust. Does that coupling in the photo  fail or are there other parts of the linkage that fail? I seem to remember some rubber tubing along with the clamps was involved in the coupling. I adjusted the height on my last coach years ago but do not remember the exact configuration. I would think that the rubber tubing would be a weak point.  

Later Ed

Gerald Farris

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 02:59:14 PM »
Ed,
Yes the rubber tubing will usually break at the clamp area. This normally will not happen until the coach is in the eight to twelve year old range because the rubber deteriorates with age. However there are many coaches that are a lot older that never have a problem with the ride height system.

Gerald

Bill Johnson

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 06:12:55 PM »
Ed, not only would I recommend carrying a spare, I am now going to carry 6.  What I found was that while one was completely broken, two others were about to break so I replaced all six.
I've tried attaching a picture of the whole assembly to this post, but it is not adding the picture.  Sorry.

Edward Buker

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 07:47:12 PM »
Thanks Gerald and Bill,

Guess I will order a couple of these and have them aboard. Anyone know the tubing type or size offhand, probably something like fuel hose or coolant hose?

Later Ed