Author Topic: 94 Marquis TV upgrade / move  (Read 7933 times)

Wayne Tull

94 Marquis TV upgrade / move
« on: March 17, 2012, 07:05:27 PM »
Moved/replaced the TV from the Kitchen/living area to above the drivers seat.  Installed a 32” LCD/LED  TV with a wall mount from Sam’s Club (rated for 80 lb.).  Took over the cabinet above the drivers seat to install the mount.

Still have to install safety cable and travel latches.

Dennis Kitchens

Re: 94 Marquis TV upgrade / move
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 08:10:53 PM »
Looks very nice. I need to do the same thing and haveing a hard time finding the right mount. Do you have the brand and number of the mount by any chance?

Thanks
Dennis

Wayne Tull

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 11:47:08 PM »
It's a OMNI Mount model OBLED80FM, purchased from Sam's Club. Here are some pictures of how it was placed.

LarryNCarolynShirk

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 04:12:17 PM »

Keith Oliver

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 10:41:10 PM »
I bought one at Costco that works well.  Robust enough for a 46" TV.  hides away behind my 27".  The TV sits against the front, outside the hole where the old style 19" sat.  Room in behind for the Bluray with the HP 3050 printer on top of that.  Adjusts for viewing angle, so the TV can be viewed as well from the front passenger seat, couch, or anywhere between.

Wayne Tull

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 05:29:31 PM »
OK, done with AV upgrades for now.  Removed the old DVD/VCR player and put a drawer in it's place using the removed cover from where the new TV was placed.  Rebuilt the storage area behind the double glass doors, adding a place for the DVD player, moved the antenna switch from down by the floor to this area, added a place for an HTPC, and created space for DVD's. Put a AC outlet down by the floor where the antenna was previously at.  I went with a sound bar and wireless sub-woofer for audio.  I added a usb WiFi to the HTPC and connectify software to automatically switch between my tethered phone or wireless if available. I added a wireless router connected by Ethernet to the HTPC to rebroadcast WIFI for the coach.