Author Topic: water filter  (Read 6143 times)

Frank Bannert

water filter
« on: May 08, 2012, 02:08:33 AM »
Is there a inline water filter on a 02 Pat Montecello. The water pressure sure seems low when hooked up to water supply. I have more pressure when using the pump. If there is a filter could someone tell me the location of it.  I have changed pressure regulators 3 times and it is the same and I also removed the regulator and hooked it up without but the pressure doesn't increase  but very little. I am thinking there is a filter but can't find one. The ice maker has one near the rear axle compartment on the passenger side but that is the only one I have found. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Frank

Tom and Pam Brown

Re: water filter
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 02:16:59 AM »
Frank,

Have you remove the nozzle screens and cleaned those?  Also, make sure your fill switch is in the off position if so equipped.

John 'Bo' Achord

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 02:59:52 AM »
Frank , I have a 2008 Contessa Milan and the filter is located behind the water / sewer hook up panel compartment. The access panel to get to the filter is located in the  storage compartment right next to the water / sewer compartment.  The panel is in the center of the compartment on the wall next to the water / sewer compartment.
I hope this helps.

Marty and Suzie Schenck

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 03:15:01 AM »
Frank, If your 02 Monticello is like my 02 Monticello there is no filter in the system exept for the ice maker. The problem with low pressure stems from the built in regulator. It is that recepticle that you hook your hose to in the water bay. It just doesn't let enough water through to give good pressure. Bill Sprague took his out and puts a Watts regulator at the park water outlet. He said that solved the problem. I will most likely do the same but until then when I need more pressure at the sink or shower I just turn the pump on as a booster. Marty

Gerald Farris

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 05:01:20 AM »
Frank,
Marty is right. The only factory installed water filter on the 2002 Patriot is for the icemaker. The water pressure concern that you described is either caused by a restricted screen at the water inlet/supply hose, or the factory installed pressure regulator that is built into the city water inlet.

If you have a water filter, other than the icemaker filter, it was owner installed. Owner installed filters are virtually always in plain sight, where they are easily serviced, because the installer knows that he will have to service it. Unlike the people who build these things, and let someone else worry about the service issue.

Gerald

LarryNCarolynShirk

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 05:37:52 AM »
Frank,

The water inlet has a built-in pressure regulator in it.  I think I recall the brand was Sure Flo.  The set pressure is on the part someplace.  Mine was 45 pounds.  I changed to a 60 pound inlet about 6 years ago, and it seems to have cured that problem.  Another problem with the inlet has a hole is 3/8 inch in diameter, which reduces the volume allowed into the system.  Thus, it takes 45 minutes to fill an empty tank.  Some of the Monaco built Beavers had a gravity fill inlet about 1 inch in diameter directly to the tank.  That larger opening allows faster fills.

Larry

Frank Bannert

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 05:48:31 PM »
Thanks for the info. I shall look into this this weekend. I have 90 degree that hooks up to the water inlet, and I will take it off and see if there is a screen restricting water flow. The built in water flow regulator is it located behind the wall of where the water inlet is. If so does the entire white wall have to be removed to get to it. I have to have this 90  on the water inlet so I can close the door with the hose connected or I can't close the door. The hose will hold the door open.

Thanks Frank
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 07:09:47 AM by 14 »

Marty and Suzie Schenck

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 07:08:27 PM »
Frank, I put a 90 on my regulator also and yes that whole panel has to come off to service that regulator (the fitting on the back). It is possible to pull the panel out far enough to fit your hand back there, but only if you have small arms. Thats why I just turn the pump on to boost the pressure when I, or should I say when my wife needs more. Marty
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 07:10:40 AM by 14 »

Frank Bannert

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 07:34:52 PM »
Thanks, Marty I appreciate all the help I can get.

Frank

Karl Welhart

• BAC Member
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 10:03:48 PM »
Frank, I change my regulator/city connection about ever two years because of the same problem.  No need to take the panel off... Just unscrew the four mounting screws and pull out of panel, unscrew from water line holding the fitting with your hand or pair of pliers.  Reinstall in reverse, but do not overtighten the regulator on to the fitting then check for leaks.
Karl and Nancy Welhart, F36017
2014 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP (2014-current)
2002 Patriot (2002-2014)
1997 Monterey (1997-2002)
Niceville, Florida

Marty and Suzie Schenck

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2012, 12:12:36 AM »
Karl, You are lucky with yours. On mine they left no slack in the line to pull the regulator out.
Marty