Author Topic: Running lights  (Read 4839 times)

Jim Bentley

• BAC Member
Running lights
« on: July 31, 2012, 05:25:54 PM »
Hi: I have a 2003 Marquis and I'm looking for the running lights that are located in the front of the coach above the windshield. Any suggestions as to where I can purchase them. Thanks in advance for the info. Jim 8) 8) 8)

Tom and Pam Brown

Re: Running lights
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 06:03:23 PM »
Jim,

On my 1999 I found them at a NAPA commercial store. Hope this helps.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 09:15:10 PM »
Jim,
You can take the DOT number off of the lens and match it up with a replacement at most large truck part replacement shops. You can also buy them on line. There are several options with replacement lights that you will have to decide. You can use LED lights or incandescent lights. The incandescent lights come in either the standard plastic lens that the coach was originally equipped with that is readily available or polycarbonate lens that is much better but hard to find.

If you want to just make one call and have the lights sent to you, give Beaver Coach Sales a call, because they know the right lights to fit your coach and they have them in stock.

Gerald  

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 10:53:53 PM »
Jim,

I switched the clearance lights on my Monterey with an upgrade kit from Bargman. You can get them online here: http://www.bargman.com/content/products.aspx?lvl=3&parentid=8400&catID=8420&part=42-59-412
They also have them in red. The nice part about these is there is no re-wiring. They have a plug that plugs in to your existing base. You just take the amber cover off, remove the existing bulb and then plug this new cover in to the slot where the old bulb was. The led lights are built into the new cover.

They look great. It took me about an hour to do all 5 front ones in amber, and all 5 rear ones in red. I also did the amber side marker lights as well.

Stan
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 10:55:14 PM by 7634 »
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad
The following users thanked this post: Andrew Shoen

Jim Bentley

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 03:23:36 PM »
Thanks everyone for the info. Jim