Author Topic: 1993 Beaver Contessa ~ Make Over  (Read 10212 times)

Steve Cook

1993 Beaver Contessa ~ Make Over
« on: August 30, 2012, 03:11:56 PM »
Better late then never!  Hi, my wife and I wanted to post a few pictures of our 1993 Beaver Contessa we purchased in February of this year from the original owner who was a founding member of BAC, with the intention of making a few changes.  

We've had several motor homes over the years, two Beavers in the past and belonged to BAC for years.  We've missed BAC and because we'd admired our dear, dear friends motor home, Wally and Iris Schmidt for years, we finally found our, what we've always called, the slant nose motor home.

When we got her home we realized we had a bit more work ahead of us with some water damage inside and then deciding we wanted to replace all appliances and recover ALL furniture.  So began a remodel with all new everything inside of "her" !  (my wife says Ms Contessa is a her).

Now here's the kicker, we live in Yuma Arizona and it's a very small town and yes, it's a very big snowbird destination and we just weren't entirely sure where to start.  This is where my reason for posting this comes from.  With a slap on the forehead and "yeh" kind of sigh, we knew who to call!!  

Long story short, SunBum RV of Yuma, Arizona became the guardian's of our Contessa for several weeks to literally remove cabinets in the bedroom on the drivers side and install all of our new appliances from a new toilet to a new convection oven, refrigerator, washer/dryer combo (which it was NOT plumbed for), new faucets, and some engine maintenance and what seemed to be lots more of the "little things" that seem to pop up.

Rob and Patty Pierce are the owner's of SunBum RV and use to both work for Beaver Coach in Bend, Oregon for years.. We remember well bugging Patty to get us in "yesterday" when up in Bend for service on our Beavers of the past!!  And having them right there in Yuma to virtually take care of us and do what they knew all about from their experience with Beaver Motor Homes was certainly a great relief.  They actually worked at the factory when this coach was built !!

We left in our "new" Contessa in June to head to Lexington, S.C. for three months so we could be with family for a new grandson's birth.  Here it is, almost time that we'll be heading back home so I wanted to be sure to post a couple of before and after pictures just to show what a great job SunBum did for us.  Everything has been great.. We are thrilled with our Contessa and only have one regret, that we didn't get one of these sooner but ah, timing is everything isn't it?

I'd also like to thank Peter and Connie Bradish for some great information regarding some questions I had and referring us to where we're headed to get Ms. Contessa aligned in Orlando after we leave S.C.  Peter and Connie have the same year Contessa as ours.  We sure hope to meet Peter and Connie soon at one of the rallies.  

Anyway, if anyone has any questions.. happy help.  And again, we highly recommend SunBum RV. 8)   (tried to upload several pictures but only see the coach shot.. we will try to figure this out or contact us to see more pictures.. we are happy to email to anyone).
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 03:40:40 PM by 6933 »

LEAH DRAPER

Re: 1993 Beaver Contessa ~ Make Over
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 05:34:57 PM »
WELCOME BACK TO THE FOLD!

Will be nice to see some inside pic's when you can.

Leah

John Hennessey

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 11:46:58 PM »
Looks like a BEAUTY!!!!!!! LOVE TO SEE MORE PICTURES!!!!!!!
John & Linda Hennessey
2023-Thor Omni Class C
2011-2023 - 2003 Marquis

Steve Cook

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 01:03:54 AM »
If any one can tell us how to load and send more photos to post we will. When we sent this post we put in several photos but only the one picture of the outside got posted, HELP ???    Steve

Glenda Farris Co-Admin

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 02:23:19 AM »
See this post:

http://forum.bacrallies.com/m-1349451517/

Glenda    8)