Author Topic: SMC Levelers  (Read 5831 times)

Steve Adams

SMC Levelers
« on: October 02, 2009, 04:04:07 AM »
We finally got our new to us coach out a few weeks ago and I felt so good when I hit the auto level button and so depressed when it leveled with rear end about 8 inches higher than level!!!

After much reading I decided to just take it in for service. Off to Pacific Power Products again. They leveled it at their shop and it leveled within a 1/4 inch front to rear, pretty impressive. Multiple attempts gave the same result.

I asked them where the leveling sensors were and they could not locate them. I want to know so that once I'm out there again in the not so level world and it goes butt high again I can adjust it myself.

Anyone know where the sensor(s) may be located?

Thanks, Steve

Marty and Suzie Schenck

Re: SMC Levelers
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 11:10:25 PM »
My IDS leveler sensor on my 2002 Patriot Thunder is in the control box just left of the drivers seat. It's at the bottom on the floor in the box. Hope that helps. Marty

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 02:27:52 PM »
I do not know about the Contessa that year, but in the Marquis the sensor is located in the dash behind the instrument panel. Just lift the access door in the top of the dash in front of the steering wheel and look straight down, it may be there.

Gerald  

Joey and Jackie Cashen

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 07:42:03 PM »
Just had work done on my 2001 Marquis at Beaver Coach Sales. The sensors that control the alarm are on the jacks. The 'brain' that controls the jacks that level the coach is located above the instrument panel behind the steering wheel. As far as I know, Beaver Coach Sales is the only place that can calibrate this system. They programmed a new module for me 2 months ago and it is still working well.

Steve Adams

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 01:14:00 AM »
Seems that the concensus is that the brain is in or near the dash. Next time I have the opportunity I'll start digging.

Thanks to everyone for their input.

Steve