Author Topic: wiring diagram for a 2005 Beaver Monterey  (Read 11287 times)

Michael Carlson

wiring diagram for a 2005 Beaver Monterey
« on: January 24, 2013, 09:22:50 PM »
It seems when I took my coach in for repair the repair shop decided to keep my original wiring diagram book. Now they tell me they never used it. Kinda funny since I gave you all my books and what you were repairing was the wiring from a tire blow out. When can I purchase or download a pdf file of the complete wiring diagram for my coach. Thanks

Michael Carlson
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 07:03:30 PM by 5 »

Bill Sprague

Re: wiring diagram for a 2005 Beaver Monterey
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 05:04:11 PM »
If you can't find one for an '05 I'll take photo of mine and email it to you.

I don't have a copier aboard, so a hi rez photo is the best I can do.

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 10:59:40 PM »
I have all of the manuals and documents for our 2005. Unfortunately, its in the coach, which is in storage about 30 miles from home. I plan to go the first week of February for a start up and battery check. I can get it at that time.

Stan
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Michael Carlson

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 03:29:17 PM »
Stan, Just wanted to check and see if you have had time to locate your manuals. I have an appointment this coming Tuesday for them to start on the wiring. Thanks

Tim Bentley Co-Admin

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 06:02:30 PM »
If you are able to scan your manuals to a PDF format we can post them in the Coach Assist area of the web site.  I use a app called Scan to PDF on my I phone, and it works great for manuals.

I just received the manuals for the 07 Contessa from Tom Roney, and they will be online soon.

Dave Cunningham

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 02:36:54 AM »
When I was at northwest rv supply last year they had hundreds of early manuals and wiring diagrams, that they had  recently acquired from Monaco
 They are in Eugene , or

Dave

Michael Carlson

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 02:56:22 PM »
Thanks Dave. I have sent them an email and will see what they can do for me.

Michael Carlson

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 08:15:12 PM »
Northwest has one but they tell me that it does not have the Chassis. So my question is does it have all the diagrams for all the coach systems? Can anyone give me a book number if it has one?

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 09:19:16 PM »
Michael-

My "Monterey 2006 Wiring Diagrams" spiral binder has most of my coach's systems in it, both 12volt and 110volt.  As far as chassis goes, there are some basic diagrams for that as well, but probably not everything you might run into.  Additionally, Monaco included many schematics from the 2005 year since they were unchanged.  That said, several of us that own these coaches have run into some wiring that doesn't fit the schematic as drawn, reflecting the manufacturer's reserve to modify installation procedures as they build.

Below I list most of the diagrams in my binder:
Engine Start & Door Seal; Cruise Control; Brake Lights, turn/hazard; Entry Step; Velvac Mirrors; Power Visors; ABS/ATC; US Gear Prewire/tow brake; Dash A/V components; Exhaust Brake; Keyless Entry; Main 12v Distribution; AC Distribution/240v Main; AC Distribution/120v/Inverter; Aladdin Sensors; Multiplex System; Televisions and Audio Video Components.

Many diagrams, such as for 240/110v and A/V components etc., have multiple pages because each model of Monterey (Laguna, Ventura, etc) is wired slightly different;  so there are a lot of pages that don't apply to any one Monterey.  To answer your last question, the book does not have a "number".  Occasionally I run into something that isn't in the book.  Usually it relates to a component supplied to Monaco by another manufacturer, such as AquaHot or Catapillar or Fantastic Vent or Dometic, etc. etc.   That is understandable, so if you have an issue with an independently built feature, you will still have to go to that manufacturer to get assistance and/or diagrams.

Nevertheless, it is certainly much better to have the diagram binder than not.  Mine is yellow and 17" X 11", so if Northwest has one for a 2005 Monterey that they verify is that size and spiral bound, go for it.  I am sorry that I have yet to scan or photograph mine for the Coach Assist section of the club website.  It is my intention to do so, as your isnt the first red flag regarding this era and model of coach.  It is sad that so many coaches are resold and the previous owner didn't include all the manuals in the deal.  I'm not sure what good they are left at home, or what good they are to someone that no longer has the rig.  My Monterey's documents all go wherever my coach goes;  they may come in handy 1000 miles from home, and literally have more than once.

If there is a specific schematic you need right away, I'll try to get a photo of it to you.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat