Author Topic: Hurricane Heaters  (Read 2713 times)

Michael Kauffman

Hurricane Heaters
« on: March 08, 2013, 03:58:49 AM »
[size=14]Anybody got any Hurricane heaters or parts they want to sell?  My compressor went out again.  Second one in 2 years.  They have this little [size=14]round rubber intake check that is attached to a plastic base by a thin tit.  It breaks loose and it history.  A 10 cent part that you can't get by itself.  ITR wants $250 for the whole pump.  And it isn't in the easiest spot to access.  Damn I'm pis%$%^&*.  Oh well, life in the fast lane huh?

Thanks, Mike  ??)[/size][/size]

Tom and Pam Brown

Re: Hurricane Heaters
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 12:37:53 PM »
Mike,
I purchased a used ne from them for less than $100 a couple of months back.

Not sure if they have more or not.  Also, you can look at the compressor and find out who makes it and try to source from others.

Michael Kauffman

Re: Hurricane Heaters
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 05:33:43 PM »
[size=14]Thanks Guy's, I tried Thomas Pumps a couple of years ago when this first happened.  They said it was a proprietary pump made just for ITR.  The good news is that ITR said that they have a new stainless flapper head unit for $60.  Since I have 2 perfectly good motors that's what I'm opting for.  ITR also has a high end $450 pump that they said has a good track record.  ITR didn't say anything about any used pumps.

Thanks again, Mike[/size]