Author Topic: Seattle/Tacoma area shop for work on slides??  (Read 6339 times)

Jay and Raylene Todd

Seattle/Tacoma area shop for work on slides??
« on: March 10, 2013, 12:38:07 AM »
We're having problems with the passenger side bedroom slide. On our coach, that's the only one the operates with a scissors style mechanism on both sides of the slide inside. Each side has its own hydraulic actuator and I suspect that one of them is not operating. Unfortunately I didn't realize the problem until the slide was torqued. I had to use a bottle jack to get it back in but I can't get it to seal so I'm not enthused about the idea of driving down to Bend for the repair. Does anyone know of a shop in the Seattle / Tacoma area (preferably closer to Tacoma but beggers can't be choosers) that does good work on slides?  :(
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 12:53:03 AM by 14 »

Bill Sprague

Re: Seattle/Tacoma area shop for work on slides??
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 01:20:20 AM »
Jay,

Idea #1:  Jeff Easter used to work at Holiday Motorhomes in Fife and later, Beaver Coach Sales.  Before that it was Tweton's.  He was the salesman that helped BJ and I.  I recently talked to him and he now works at Tacoma RV in Fife.  He may be able to tell you where the techs from Holiday Motor Homes are working.

Idea #2:  Northwest Camping Center sprung up in Fife as the other were closing down.  They have lots of what appears to be consignment inventory and every appearance of a shop.  It may be were some of the techs went from Great American RV, the Monaco dealer and Holiday.

Idea #3:  Paul Evert's has been recently mentioned as a star Navistar/Monaco dealer.  I've driven by their lot in Fife a couple of times.  There may be someone there with some knowledge of Monaco products.

Idea #4:  When Wally Kimble and I drove our wives to Newfoundland he had about the same coach as you.  He had a the same bedroom slide malfunction.  We took it apart from the inside and found a bolt that had worked loose.  It may be as simple as that.

Idea #5:  Blue painters masking tape will seal most anything for a few hours and peals off easily.  Drive it to Bend.

Idea #6:  Call BCS and ask them where to take it in the SeaTac area.

Good luck!

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 03:30:30 AM »
Idea #7:  Look at this site and check on the reviews rated excellent for RV maintenance companies that work on class A:  http://rvservicereviews.com/Index.asp
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Norm Green

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 06:15:34 AM »
I recently had a problem with my '06 thunder passenger living room slide.  One of the large pins holding the slide mechanism together lost it's retaining clip and slid part way out of the mechanism, jamming up the whole slide.  I had Infinity Coach in Sumner do the repair and was very satisfiyed with the work.
Norm & Cynthia Green
Franklin, TN
2018 Entegra Cornerstone 45W
Previous, four different Beaver coaches

Michael Kauffman

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 07:11:05 AM »
[size=14]I concur on Infinity Coach.  Great service!!  Mike [/size]

Bill Sprague

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 05:07:29 PM »
I've been there too!  What I had done was minor.  I forgot about them.  

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 05:56:11 PM »
Last year I had an issue with our 06 thunder, the passenger front side dropped it turned out to be a major problem on the slides right side. We had a structural failure that required the side be rebuilt($7000) we had BCS do the work in Bend. I am still having some issues with the scissor and plan to run down to Bend next month. I hope you don't have the same problem on the bedroom the Kitchen side has a lot of weight and the engineering done by Monaco was really poor or perhaps none.
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 12:24:22 PM »
Brazel's RV  (Ben Taylor)  toll free-877-786-1576
www.brazelsrv.com
Centralia on Henderson rd. just 5 miles off I-5
They also hve a nice small RV park on site.
They have done excellent work for us.

Keith
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Dennis Kitchens

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, 12:49:28 PM »
Quote from: Keith Moffett
Brazel's RV  (Ben Taylor)  toll free-877-786-1576
www.brazelsrv.com
Centralia on Henderson rd. just 5 miles off I-5
They also hve a nice small RV park on site.
They have done excellent work for us.

Keith

+1 on Brazel's. Best RV repair around!

Bill Brown

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2013, 05:01:09 PM »
I would recommend Infinity Coach as well.  They are good to work with.  Also right next door is K&W Automotive.  They have a paint booth and do a good job on any painting or body repair you may need.