Author Topic: Hydraulic Filter for Contessa  (Read 3264 times)

Jerry Jayne

Hydraulic Filter for Contessa
« on: March 17, 2013, 10:21:30 PM »
I have a 2009 Contessa.  The hydraulic fluid for the Engine Cooling Fan and Power Steering is reported in the owners manual as Texaco Rando HD46 fluid and the "tank" is in the engine compartment slightly to the left of center.  There are two (2) filters for that fluid.  One is in an External (Remote Mount) container with a guage that indicates when to change that filter (dial moves from the green area to the yellow area of the guage).  This blog site seems to say that may need changed at 5 years or so.   That filter is listed as Zinga ZSE 10.
But, there the hydraulic fluid reservoir itself is reported to have an internal filter (some places report it as a single filter, others report it as a combination of 3 filters) and my owner manual says to change that "internal" filter at 15,000 miles or annually.  However, I can find no reference to what that filter identification is.  I am at Alliance Coach in Wildwood, FL right now (the only "Platinum" Monaco service facility I know of) ... and they dont even know the number or ID of the filter.  
Does anyone out there Know?  And can you confirm the service intervals I have referenced?

Thanks so much,  Jerry Jayne

Jerry Jayne

Re: Hydraulic Filter for Contessa
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 04:10:47 PM »
I am replying to my own Post, to provide others with the answer to the question I posted about identifying the exact filter inside my Power Steering/Engine Fan hydraulic reservoir.  (Not to be confused with the "external" filter that has its own guage that notifies the user when it needs changing.
Inside the hydraulic reservoir is a single filter, about 6" high, and maybe 5" diameter.  It is different from most filters in that its outside "casing" is a metal mesh sort of casing.  It has holes spaced evenly all around the metal case.  The filter Alliance Coach put in my '09 Contessa is a WIX 51637.  The box says Oil Filter, but it is actually a hydraulic fluid filter.
Hope this helps someone.