Author Topic: Leveling Jack Reservoir  (Read 5483 times)

John Padmore

Leveling Jack Reservoir
« on: March 25, 2013, 07:16:52 PM »
Can someone tell me where the leveling jack reservoir is located on a 1997 Patriot?
My right rear jack won't extend all the way, and moves very slowly so I'm thinking low fluid level.
Any thoughts?
Thanks.

John

Richard And Babs Ames

Re: Leveling Jack Reservoir
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 01:14:51 AM »
It is behind the drivers side rear most compartment door and controls. You have to crawl under the coach to access it. It is round and has a small breather type screw on top.

The way you add fluid is to lower one jack about 6 inches and add Dexron III until the jack down warning light turns off. Small funnel required and you will get dirty. If you can put a jack down 4 to 6 inches before the warning light comes on the fluid level is fine.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 01:26:14 AM by 72 »

Richard And Babs Ames

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 01:25:33 AM »
BTY fluid level does not affect retraction speed. You should have two springs that retract the jack. You probably have RVA jacks.     www.rvajacks.com is a good company to work with.

Steven Hoffman

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 04:40:52 AM »
John

My 97 Patriot has a Power Gear leveler system. One spring per jack.  Reservoir is located on passenger side between the last two compartments.  It can be reached thru the battery compartment.

My instruction book states.

"Check fluid level every month with cap fully seated.  Fluid level should be at least 1/8 inch from bottom of dipstick for round tank;  7/8 inch for square tank.   Check only with all jacks fully retracted. "

With low fluid level I get a "Jacks down" light with jacks retracted.

John Padmore

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 03:33:20 PM »
Thanks for the info. I have the RVA jacks and went on their web site. Based on the time it takes to retract the jack and the cold weather in NY....I may not even have a problem! Wouldn't that be a nice switch ;D
Thanks for the info.

John