Author Topic: Ghost in the bedroom ( slide coming out on its own )  (Read 5269 times)

Frank Bergamo

• BAC Member
Re: Ghost in the bedroom ( slide coming out on its own )
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2021, 11:37:41 PM »
On my 07’ Marquis, the driver side bedroom slide is electric, the passenger side bedroom slide is hydraulic. They make very different noises when activated. If it is electric, the hydraulic pump up front will be silent. Someone listening up front should be able to tell if the pump is running or not while someone activates the switch for that slide. Hope this helps.
Frank & Paulette Bergamo
2019-       : 2007 Marquis Topaz IV  C-15 600 HP Allison 4000
2014-2019: 2002 Marquis Emerald C-12 505 HP Allison 4000
2004-2014: 1986 Executive Diplomat 3208 250 HP Allison MT-643
Grand Junction, CO.

Paul Bedoe

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2021, 11:45:03 PM »
So I found the hydraulic solenoid that controls the slide coming in.  I had to pull the two in-front of it to get it off the manifold. See pics.... also the first solenoid is not being used so after I clean them up I will swap it with the unused one and hope for the best. 

Will be careful I just replaced 2 air bags and 6 shocks so the coach still has support under it

The following users thanked this post: Fred Brooks

Paul Bedoe

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2021, 12:05:25 AM »
Photos

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2021, 03:40:39 AM »
Like many say, "Beavers are like snowflakes. Each one is different." Too bad they didn't bother to update the documentation.
Steve
Steve
Coachless
2015- 6/24  07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Paul Bedoe

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2021, 05:28:29 PM »
Quick update .... all fixed....the pump and manifold they install have unused ports with solenoids.  I took one of the unused solenoids and swapped it for the one giving me trouble.  Everything is working.  Hardest part of the job is some awkward angles and getting dirty really dirty.  Topped the tank off and ready for the next adventure. Thanks for the input.

Paul Bedoe

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2021, 04:48:47 AM »
My visitor while cleaning up ...

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2021, 05:06:08 PM »
Whoa! That'l make you check yer boots before you pull 'em on!!
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Paul Bedoe

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2021, 11:33:35 PM »
Your right it’s a good reminder to look before moving things scorpions are also good to look out for ..... but it’s all good no one should be afraid

Scott Shearer

• BAC Member
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2021, 03:11:45 AM »
Paul,

I hope that I didn’t offend you with my ‘safety lecture’, sometimes it’s hard to judge the level of experience from someone’s post. I just know from personal experience how fast that generator slide can retract when the pressure release valves are opened, kind of startling.

Probably too late for this project, but HWH makes a very handy tool to remove the solenoid valves…makes the job much easier when the work area is so confined. Northwest RV Supply carries them.

For Old style solenoid (nut release style): TS28238   $17.95
For new style solenoid (lever release style): TS42632   $9.38

- Scott
Scott & Susie Shearer
2006 Patriot Thunder
Lexington IV 40'
Cat C13
2015 JKU Hard Rock

Paul Bedoe

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2021, 02:49:13 PM »
Tools are interesting I pulled 3 old style two because they were in the way they came out east using a medium pair of channel locks on the ends.  I clamped a bar in the tract of the gen to stop any possible retraction.

On another note I have air leveling it was very interesting that Beaver installed another hydraulic pump and solenoid system incase hydraulic leveling is installed.   Just sitting there wires and hoses tied up never used.

Also I planned to use the space provided by an open generator however it was easier just do the work right under the pump.

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2021, 03:11:50 PM »
    When "engineering change orders" (ECO's) are executed in production, some coaches end up with a combination of both sequences or formats. Perhaps it explains your HWH hydraulic cylinder in your bedroom slide-out? Glad you sorted it out and are still enthusiastic about your next adventure. Have Fun, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Paul Bedoe

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2021, 02:18:18 AM »
Thanks Fred yep we have a home in havasu but I decided to rent it .... kids rented a Airbnb with Rv hookups in havasu so next adventure is pulling the 26 foot Campbell with the beaver and spending a week in havasu.   Then friends and us are heading to lake Powell ... lone rock for dry camping on the water. .... two more major trips planned this year.  Fuel at costco is 2.40 hope it holds for a while ..