Author Topic: Salvage Parts  (Read 7273 times)

Gary Winzenburger

Salvage Parts
« on: July 02, 2013, 03:09:36 AM »
I'm hoping to replace a side window and outside mirror next winter on our 1997 Marquis. I've noticed there is a RV salvage yard near us (2 hours) in Kentucky and wondering how many model years, either Beaver, Monaco or ? used the same windows and mirrors. They have a couple of 1999 units they're parting out. I tried calling Beaver in Oregon, but they haven't returned my calls. Any help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 03:43:33 AM by 13831 »

Gerald Farris

Re: Salvage Parts
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 03:53:13 AM »
Gary,
The mirrors are very common, but windows are a different issue. If you find a window that is the same size, it will probably need to be resealed to correct the seal creep problem that existed in most of the windows. You also will have the problem of the window frame not matching the other windows since most Marquis coaches had the window frames painted to match the coach. Normally, the best solution to a window problem is to have it repaired.

Gerald

Gary Winzenburger

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 01:05:11 PM »
Sorry Gerald for not fully explaining my problem. The main cause of this replacement is not creeping, but a broken outer glass, which is tempered. It's also an escape window. I've had a company come out to look at it; they don't want to tackle it and said I should just try to live with it being it is a double pane unit.  I'm not willing to do that for very long. Another company told me it could cost over $1400 to have it custom made. I just thought a salvage window might cost less if I could match it somehow.

Gary
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 01:23:52 PM by 13831 »

Tom and Pam Brown

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 02:31:24 PM »
Gary, try suncoast designers in Hudson, Florida.  They can make a replacement.

Keith Oliver

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 03:03:02 PM »
Gary:

In late Oct 2011, I tackled the creepy seals on all of my windows.  On the upward side of the learning curve, I broke a pane of glass.  Luckily it was the non-tinted side, as a tint would have added complications.  I had the window out of the coach and it was Friday, so I knew I would be a few days before I could get it repaired.  I phoned a glass place in the small rearby town of Temecula, CA, and found that they could do tempered glass, if I could bring them a pattern for the exact shape.  I did better, as I took them the other pane of glass.  Within 3 business days I had a new tempered pane, cut to the exact shape I needed, for $75.  I carried on with the creepy seal repair and now can't recall exactly which window that was.   I note that I still have the original stickers on the inside glass on all that had "not for occupancy" or "emergency exit" stickers, so I suspect this was an outside pane.

So phone around and you are likely to find a glass shop that can handle the replacement of the tempered glass.

As for putting the double panes back together, search the forum under "creepy seals" or "replacing windows" and you will find that topic well covered.  If all else fails, email me and I'll share.

Frank Bannert

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 09:14:51 PM »
You may give enVisonerv.com they have pictures of a lot of salvaged rvs and you may find what you are looking for. This is a salvage yard. Don't know the prices but you can give tell a shout and they may ship it to you.

Frank

Gary Winzenburger

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 11:21:00 PM »
Thanks for the information. Good advise!