Author Topic: Need a New Pilot Music system.  (Read 3881 times)

Bruce Sieloff

Need a New Pilot Music system.
« on: August 30, 2013, 07:51:43 PM »
I have the Alpine CVA-1004/1003 system with a matching DVD player dash mounted in the coach. The Alpine CD changer quit with an Error Code 1, which apparently means SOL in Alpine speak since it requires a head replacement or repair. Not happening on a 10 year old unit. So I’m looking to replace the changer at least. What brand or type of clean modern radio do y’all prefer to replace the original in dash system?

Joel Weiss

Re: Need a New Pilot Music system.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 01:28:54 AM »
Our physical layout and situation is different than yours, but when our in-dash unit died we realized that the only thing we really wanted was a simple radio with an aux input so we could connect an iPod or a smart phone running Pandora.  We installed an inexpensive Alpine and it is quite adequate for what need.  I think the only time the radio itself has been used is to obey one of those "Listen to 1600 AM if lights are flashing" signs and once or twice to listen to an NPR newscast.  We don't carry CD's; we have nearly 300 on the iPod and these days we mostly listen to Pandora.  Think about what your uses are before you buy.