Author Topic: Window Seep Hole Plastic Covers Maker?  (Read 11084 times)

Brent Hohlweg

Window Seep Hole Plastic Covers Maker?
« on: July 23, 2013, 07:48:40 PM »
Hi everyone,

Sure you have covered this in the past, but I'm not sure of the name for this part. It is the plastic piece that clips onto the window seep holes at the bottom of each window. A bunch are missing from the coach we just bought (no one added/replaced the silicone to ensure they were secured). Looking to buy a 12pack if possible :-)

Cheers Brent

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: Window Seep Hole Plastic Covers Maker?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 08:36:42 PM »
They are called "weeping hole covers." You can get them from the parts department at Beaver Coach Sales in Bend.  My coach had the older square shouldered design.  The one you have above in the picture is the newer rounded shoulder and better streamlined design.  There are two specific designs, one for the right side and one for the left side.  They are noted on the inside of the cover with an "R" and "L".  Also, on my coach there is one place, on the entry door I believe, that takes yet a third design weeping hole cover with a different spacing of the legs that holds the cover in place.  I do not remember the cost of the covers, but I am thinking they are a couple dollars each.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 09:40:34 PM »
Brent, we had a thread about the weep hole covers on the forum, Jay Todd found them for us

" I'm pretty sure that your weep hole covers are the same as the ones on our coach. Check out the picture to make sure. They are made by SE-GI in Norco, California and the part is #133 weep hole cover - black. Just to make sure they are the same, the dimensions are - length 3 3/4" with the outermost locking tabs being 3 1/8" apart.

I found the easiest way to order from them was to call directly at (951) 737-8320. As of 10/09 they were $1.29 each.  

I did pick up some at BCS while passing through the Bend Service Center they stock them if your going to be passing save the shipping cost
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 09:44:27 PM »
http://www.rvpartstore.com/products.php?cat=74

The bottom 2 may be what you want.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 03:33:13 AM »
Don't waste you time trying to secure them w/silicon. It doesn't work well and just makes it harder to install replacements. Buy a number of spares. About the only time I lose them is when I knock them off when washing the coach.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Brent Hohlweg

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 03:36:58 AM »
Huge thanks guys. My wife and I are absolutely amazed - not only did you have the exact name for the piece, but you guys even had the product sku and pricing info!!

I think I've got to make some kind of donation to the BAC - I've probably saved $3000 so far :-)

Cheers Brent

Mike Humble

• BAC Member
  • BAC Past President 2014-2018
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 04:06:05 AM »
Your involement is your contribution because you will have something to contribute in the future.
Mike
2008 Marquis 45' Cat C-15 600hp

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2013, 04:48:32 PM »
At some point you, Brent, will have made enough mistakes, or had enough equipment failures otherwise on your coach that you will become a valuable information asset here on the Forum.  Some of us (ME) are well on their way to such as position.  Of course, for me it's mostly do to mistakes... my mistakes.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2013, 05:33:12 PM »
FWIW, when I discovered several missing, I called Atwood in Elkhart, as they are the company that makes them. I talked to customer service, and the lady sent me two dozen of them, free. A dozen of each direction. I had so many extra, I gave some to Lefty when we were at Energizer Beavers Rally in Gillette.

Stan
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Brent Hohlweg

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2013, 06:19:49 PM »
Thanks Stan - Just left a message for Sue at Atwood now. Hopefully they will be able to do a goodwill gesture as well for ourselves. I'll post here how it goes. Our Insinkerator was also not working, and they nicely replaced that unit for free last week (pretty amazing service - replacement unit arrived in one day service).

Cheers Brent

MarcRodstein

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2013, 09:57:53 PM »
After you have replaced the weep hole covers numerous times, you may realize as I did that they will never stay on and the windows that don't have them are every bit as functional as the ones that do. In other words, you really don't need them, they provide little benefit, and they are a giant PITA.

Brent Hohlweg

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2013, 10:29:14 PM »
Wow - Sue at Atwood returned my call within the hour today and offered to send me out 20 for free because she said "it was a sunny day". Now that is service!! Thanks again everyone :-)

Cheers Brent

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2013, 01:23:20 AM »
Why do I think Sue is gonna get a run of BAC phone calls tomorrow.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat