Author Topic: Winn Control  (Read 16854 times)

John Padmore

Winn Control
« on: July 25, 2013, 08:26:22 PM »
I have one of these. No manual or anything. No power light on so I guess it doesn't work. With engine running nothing happens when I push either air or h2O purge. Any idea how to begin troubleshooting this thing? :(.....thanks.

John

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Winn Control
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 09:15:13 PM »
That could be part of an original fuel filter system put on by some coach manufacturers.  It's possible your coach uses Racor filters now and the older manual purge system was bypassed and is no longer used;  what you are looking at is probably a leftover inoperative control switch that no one bothered to remove.

I'm not up on these sorts of things, and this is just a guess.

Joel
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 06:48:05 AM by 77 »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Dick Simonis

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 10:19:24 PM »
I have one of those mounted on the Rayco fuel filter.  I tried it once and it seemed functional.  Try it with the engine off...that worked for me.

Gary Winzenburger

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 12:06:42 AM »
John, Where is this located? I have 1997 Marquis with Cat. C-12 and have not seen this anywhere, but a lot of controls are hidden beyond easy access!
Thanks, Gary

Steve Jewell

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 12:29:59 AM »
John

Here is a link to a PDF file on how to run it.   http://www.rvsurvey.com/Documents/winnfuelsystem.pdf

Steve

John Padmore

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 03:37:17 PM »
Guys, thanks for the input and the PDF document. To those who have one, where does the water sensor plug into? Mine is just dangling there , maybe this is why there is no power? Thanks.....

John

John Padmore

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 04:52:05 PM »
Here is a picture of the entire system, if it helps to locate where the sensor is plugged into.....thanks.

John

Edward Buker

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 04:55:51 PM »
John,

It is on the bottom of the aluminum housing on the white filter, may need a mirror to see it... Some coaches may not have this feature or the warning light I believe.

Later Ed

John Padmore

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2013, 05:02:07 PM »
Ed, you are right....there is one there....also. This wire is just laying there and the one on the bottom of the housing is attached.

John Padmore

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2013, 04:24:33 PM »
Perhaps I have a different filter - mine is a Luberfiner LFF8727.....thanks

John

Edward Buker

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2013, 04:45:42 PM »
John,

This unit has an accessory heating element as an option and the wiring harness probably allows for that but we do not have the heating element installed in ours. You have the same filter unit as the rest of us but a longer aftermarket cartridge filter than the original Racor replacement. There sometimes is a small trouble light thing in this bay, se if the wire might go to that and if not I think you are all good to go, just tie wrap that wire out of the way to the existing water sensor wire.

Later Ed

John Padmore

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2013, 02:09:20 PM »
Ed, do you know where this unit get's power from? My power light is not on so the unit won't work......thanks.

John

Edward Buker

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2013, 05:24:03 PM »
John,

This is a recollection and maybe someone can chime in here. I think the power comes with the front ignition key in the on position and the rear run switches for the coach that are in the filter service bay in the rear run position. I think the rear run on provides the power. Let us know if that works.

Later Ed

Karl Welhart

• BAC Member
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2013, 05:38:27 PM »
On my unit, the power light is on all the time.  Power for purge is available without the key being in the "on" position.  The engine start/stop buttons do not work unless the key is in the "on" position.  

Hope that helps, there maybe a fuse link in that power line to the control panel.
Karl and Nancy Welhart, F36017
2014 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP (2014-current)
2002 Patriot (2002-2014)
1997 Monterey (1997-2002)
Niceville, Florida

John Padmore

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2013, 09:13:21 PM »
OK, I tried it with the key on and with the rear switches in various positions and still no power or purge....so I thinking in line fuse somewhere......thanks.

John