Author Topic: Motorhome Issues at Titusville  (Read 2680 times)

Dennis Crawford

Motorhome Issues at Titusville
« on: March 17, 2014, 10:04:09 PM »
Hi all,
Susan and I attended a rally in Titusville over the past couple of days and ended up with some issues. Minor,but a pain just the same.First the Hydrohot showed a low coolant fault. I by passed the sensor and had heat and hot water.The sensor is $143. Then the interior knob fell off the deadbolt lock. I am not sure if I can fix this or replace lock. Another $43. The kitchen faucet started to leak. This may just be a gasket or teflon tape fix. My entry keypad is going bad; one of the key buttons does not work. That is $153 item and I havereplaced that keypad once. And finally I am not sure about the front air. It just does not seem to cool down the front area of the coach. Maybe camping world will have another $29 installation.

The air show was great.

Dennis
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 12:26:57 AM by 5 »

Gerald Farris

Re: Motorhome Issues at Titusville
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 12:42:58 AM »
Dennis,
Sometimes pressing very hard with your thumb for a minute on the offending number on your keypad will correct the problem. It may not last, but it will not cost anything to try.

Gerald

Dwight Wilson

• BAC Member
Re: Motorhome Issues at Titusville
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 01:38:37 AM »
Hi Dennis,
I had a similar issue with my Aquahot and did a bypass on the float connections and all was fine which indicated a faulty float in the tank. A replacement solved the problem and when I removed the old one I noted the float had fluid in it so of course wasn't making a connection and incorrectly causing a "low coolant" shut down.  Pretty easy to fix on an Aquahot, not sure what is involved with the Hydrohot though. You do need to remove enough of the fluid to be able to remove the float without a mess. I just picked up a cheap manual syphon pump at a local auto parts store and it worked great. I needed to suck out about a gallon to get it below the float opening.
Good luck,
Dwight
Dwight Wilson
Calgary, Alberta
05 Patriot Thunder C13 Cat