Author Topic: Schematic for TV locations  (Read 4391 times)

Corey Osborne

Schematic for TV locations
« on: June 16, 2015, 12:02:27 AM »
Wondering if anyone can provide the schematic for the TV locations.  I have the one main tv working with the Kingdome setup, but I also have the one in the bedroom and basement belly would like to get a splitter and multiple receivers plugged into these locations but currently not obvious where the wires come from up front.

any suggestions would be great.

Lee Welbanks

Re: Schematic for TV locations
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 04:58:57 AM »
I feel your pain, took me half a day to trace and label all the cable in this 06 Patriot Thunder. I'm not sure they even have a schematic for the cabling, I have the complete electrical wiring book and it doesn't really cover the cabling.
I will bet that somebody in here knows when they all go.

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 05:29:34 AM »
Corey,
Go to the Members Only Board and select the Link to Coach Assist thread. Click on the manuals link in the post. You will find a set of 2003 Marquis wiring diagrams. Part 1 has entertainment wiring.  I've used it for both my 01 Contessa and 00 Marquis as the wiring is fairly universal.
Otherwise, consider getting a wire tracer. This is the one I use and it works well. If you are going to be doing re-wiring it's worth every penny.
 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FTADX0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 02:30:49 PM »
Corey we have a 06 PT and have R/R all of the TV's in our rig. The bird’s nest of wires called entertainment wiring in our upper cabinets is gone.  I could not believe the amount of wires we tossed out. I think some of the wire was factory installed and some may have been folks looking to improve the system. The point is I am not sure you can really rely on any preexisting wire schematic.

I used a wire tracer (also called a clicker) to find the wire origins and did a total (neat) redo. Now we have a very clean install plus we have upgraded the system to a true HD with USB or wireless when possible. One remote works for each set, plus a much better Sony  surround sound/blueray  system. I did not wire the Kingdome system as we are fine with the HD TV in most areas we get 10-25 stations and all of the sets we have installed are wifi so we can get Netflix if we have a network. 
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13