Author Topic: Troubleshooting HWH Computerized Leveling System  (Read 10551 times)

JCMillerSr

Troubleshooting HWH Computerized Leveling System
« on: July 16, 2015, 01:01:45 AM »
Trying to determine a problem with my HWH air leveling system which is resulting in a loss of air on the drivers side after a couple of days.  This is a Series 600 HWH Air & Hydraulic system.  Before I start checking each individual valve, fitting, etc. I need to make sure the 12v auxiliary air compressor is even hooked up.  Can anyone tell me where this equipment is located in a 1992 Beaver Marquis?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 09:41:03 PM by JC Miller Sr »

Adam Hicklin

Re: Troubleshooting HWH Computerized Leveling System
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 07:01:26 AM »
Not sure in a '92 but in my '98 it's in the front cap.  HWH is very good with helping you troubleshoot over the phone. 

JCMillerSr

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 01:41:42 PM »
Not sure in a '92 but in my '98 it's in the front cap.  HWH is very good with helping you troubleshoot over the phone.

Thanks Adam.  I guess I will start with the front cap and work my way to the rear.  I agree that normally HWH is very good with their online tech support however when I called them earlier this week I was told that it could be as much as two to two and 1/2 weeks before someone would be able to return my call.  I guess this is their busy season.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 07:35:48 PM by JC Miller Sr »

JCMillerSr

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 07:43:24 PM »
Finally heard back from HWH last week on my tech support request.  Unfortunately they were not really sure exactly where the auxiliary compressor was located either but thought it was located in the front passenger side.  After searching the passenger side I decided to open the HWH control box and trace the power wire (since I had the schematics) for the compressor.  Finally determined that the compressor is mounted just behind the headlights on the driver side.  So far I have not had time to test the connections to determine if the compressor has power or not but I am sure that it is not working in its current state.
Will update this thread once I am able to do some more investigation.

JCMillerSr

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 08:29:56 PM »
Finally had the opportunity to have someone check out the auxiliary air compressor.  It appears that the compressor is functioning however it is not receiving a signal from the HWH control box for it to engage.  According to the manuals once the system has performed the automatic leveling procedure the computer goes into a SLEEP mode.  After 30 minutes the computer wakes up and stays awake to monitor the yellow Level lights.  If one of the lights stays on constant for one minute the computer will re-level the vehicle. Once again level the computer goes again into SLEEP mode and repeats the process until the touch panel is turned off.  The only way to know if the computer is asleep or awake is by the red AIR LEVEL light which is supposed to flash very rapidly whenever a yellow light is lit.  Once the yellow light stays on for more than one minute the AIR LEVEL light is supposed to flash slower indicating a leveling process has started.  Does anyone know of a way to test this system to see if the computer is communicating with the compressor other than setting everything up, waiting 30 minutes, manually create an out of level condition and then watch for the blinking red AIR LEVEL LIGHT to start flashing?   

JCMillerSr

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2015, 09:39:55 PM »
Update on the HWH Leveling System:  Finally talked to HWH Tech Support and was given several steps to use to test the 12v air compressor used with the Air Leveling System.  Looks like everything is working just like it is supposed to although there still seems to be a slow leak in the system that allows the front drivers side to lose pressure over extended periods.  At least the compressor is functioning and receiving signals from the HWH control panel.  One less thing to worry about.  On to the next item.
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley