Author Topic: Headlight assemblies  (Read 4170 times)

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Headlight assemblies
« on: May 22, 2016, 04:27:08 AM »
For those of us that have the SMC era coaches with headlights from the 2000 Lincoln.
Our coach has these and we also have the 2000 Lincoln Navigator.  Some years ago we lost the seal on one headlight on the Lincoln.  Since these are easily removed I dried it out with a hair dryer and resealed it with clear Lexel.  There has been no leaks since.  We just had to do this to the coach as well. 

I am making a point of this because the last time I found any units for sale they were $380. Each

Hope this helps someone! 
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Joel Weiss

Re: Headlight assemblies
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 10:11:37 PM »
The seal on one of our lights went bad last year but by then the lenses on both of them had hazed to the point where replacing them made more sense.  After seeing how much Ford wanted for the OEM replacement, I purchased a pair from Certifit and they work just fine.  I think I paid ~$225 for the pair of them.  The wiring connectors were a bit different from the ones on my Beaver, but changing them wasn't a big deal.

Dick Simonis

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 12:48:20 AM »
If you check Ebay there seems to be quite a few in the $130.00/pr price range.

Doug Allman

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 11:28:47 AM »
Been there done that and they worked great with new HID bulbs and ballasts. However, when you go to install them you have to grind off some tabs and what we did not understand was that you have to be sure that the seal is still intact around the lens when you grind. It looked good to us.

Evidently we did not get it sealed on either one as along came a spider and built its web in the drivers side and passenger side just has a lot of dust in it now. HID's are far better, BUT

Jim Nichols just recently replaced his and installed LED bulbs. My next set this year will be LED's like Jims and also making sure to get lexel all the way around the seal area. Jim made a point about this part of the replacement when I saw him in Quartzsite. Jim indicated they are marvelously better.

There are many places to get other than Lincoln, ebay, amazon etc.

William Jordan

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 03:49:58 PM »
Bought a right side headlight for 65 bucks on eBay (shipped and  new) had to grind off the standard tabs and re seal but with some looking they are not hard to find. Had to cut and rewire as the plug in connection wasn't the same as the beaver but very easy.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 03:52:52 PM by William Jordan »