Author Topic: Front Dash Air  (Read 9923 times)

Steven Harper

Front Dash Air
« on: September 21, 2010, 01:32:25 AM »
Ok, here I go again.  I am having problems with the front dash air not working.  I can hear it come on but the fan is not working.  I took out the bottom drawer and obviously alot of wires down there.  Can someone give me some idea what I might need to look for.  When we travel sometimes it does come on if we go over a rough road or bump in the road but not always.  I feel like it might just be a loose wire.  Just a note, when we bought the coach we had a cigarette lighter put on the passenger side of the front console so we could plug in our brake buddy.  Seems like we started having this problem shortly after this was done.  Again, thanks for all the help.

I have one other question.  When we use our water pump it seems like it surges all the time.  Is this normal, or do I need to have it looked at?

Karen
2008 Beaver Contessa
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 06:46:09 AM by 14 »

Mike Humble

• BAC Member
  • BAC Past President 2014-2018
Re: Front Dash Air
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 09:31:58 PM »
I hope your problem is not the same as on our 2008 Contessa.  Found out the A/C hose from compressor to dryer was broken at fitting.  Were informed by A/C shop this happens on motor homes as Monaco used aluminum fitttings instead of steel.  Guess they saved a few bucks.  After a new compressor, orifice tube, dryer, cleaning and $1700 hope it lasts longer than 2.5 years.  I guess the aluminum fittings don't hold up to the vibrations.  Has nayone else had this problem?  If so, maybe it can be determined what Models this was done with and it may save a fellow BAC member some dollars.
Mike Humble
2008 Marquis 45' Cat C-15 600hp

Richard And Babs Ames

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 10:19:22 PM »
Your water pump issuse can be fixed by installing an accumulator tank (like a pressure tank on home system) to prevent the cycling you are talking about.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 02:18:34 AM by 14 »

George Harwell

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 10:58:23 PM »
Forget the accumulator. Shurflo has a new water pump named "REVOLUTION" that renders the accumulator obsolete. It is a direct replacement for all 2088 series water pumps and delivers 55 psi. It connects to the existing lines but two of the mount holes will be different so use self tapping screws for those. I have it in my coach and find it very quiet and we really are happy with it. I paid $109 for it in Florida last Jan. but have seen it as low as $89. Camping World usually has it in stock but any RV dealer should be able to get them. If you need more information google SHURFLO and search for REVOLUTION.

Richard And Babs Ames

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 11:09:41 PM »
Tnanks George I am still old school and unaware of the new pump. We are  going to look into one.

Steven Harper

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 11:15:24 PM »
Great news.  Thanks for the info.  Definitely going to look into getting one of those pumps.

Karen

Jeremy Parrett

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 06:45:08 PM »
Hi Karen,
  If your dash a/c cools  when the fan is running, then you have a broken wire or connection between the power bar to the fan motor module under the front of the coach.  I had the same problem.  Remember, if the compressor runs and the fan doesn't cool the condensor (rad), the refrigerant will get too hot and blow the seals on your compressor causing it to seize up and burn out the clutch, as ours did.

The tech replaced the original wire by running another line from the take off, through the wall under the driver, to the fan module. We had to replace the compressor. He also found a leak on one of the compression fittings where the lines attach to the compressor.
If you have a similar coach to my 2000 Marquis you can find the correct dash ac connection in the outside panel under the drivers window.  It is on the right side maybe 4 up from the bottom. Each wire is individually labelled.

Good luck.   Jeremy 626 264 0576  svpelican1@hotmail.com
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 03:39:54 AM by 14 »

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 11:11:07 AM »
A word of advice here folks.  A Mechanic replaced our compressor and ran a new line as stated above by Jeremy.  I then had a power draw because he bypassed a relay in the electrical bay.  A new relay and properly run wire fixed both but it almost burned out the new compressor first.
myacparts.com has most of these parts as the original supplier is OB
Keith
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Steve Mahl

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2010, 03:15:12 PM »
My dash fan won't come on. Is there a fuse I should be checking?  I can't find one in the side compartment (front driver's side) or the fuse box in the engine compartment.

Rocky B
2006 Beaver Marquis

LarryNCarolynShirk

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2010, 03:33:33 AM »
Check the fan relay in the electric bay under the driver.  They are known to go out, and inexpensive to replace.

Larry

Steve Mahl

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2010, 01:09:21 AM »
Thanks Larry.  I checked the ds bay but didn't see anything marked as dash fan or the like.

LarryNCarolynShirk

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2010, 02:29:58 AM »
Hi Rocky,

There may be some misunderstanding of the problem.  Is the inoperative fan the one that blows air inside the coach, or the one that blows air on the condenser under the coach?

Larry

Steve Mahl

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2010, 06:35:03 AM »
Larry,

The one that blows air into the coach.  I finally had an AC tech come out to look at it.  He doped it out in short order.  The fuse block in the ds compartment was mislabled!  The AC fan was incorrectly labeled "Aqua Hot".  Anyway, he said the 15 Amp fuse blew because there are 2 fans, each 15 amp so he replaced with a 30 amp fuse and now works fine.  Thank you for your response.

Rocky B

Jim Shaw

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2010, 02:01:24 PM »
Rocky,
You need to be sure your wire gauge is large enough for a 30 amp fuse. Going from a 15 amp to a 30 amp can your existing wiring carry thay much load. Gearld can probably explain it better.
Jim