Author Topic: Hydrohot Heating and Water Heater  (Read 5048 times)

RebeccaKlein

Hydrohot Heating and Water Heater
« on: November 24, 2016, 03:56:42 PM »
I have a 2001 Beaver Patriot with a HydroHot HHE-500-03M.  I just replaced the low fuel float and have a new board available if it is needed.  When running the heat I am getting very sluggish power to the heater fans.  It seems that it runs for a few minutes and then sounds like it is running out of steam.  It will then rev up again and go back down until it finally turns off.  The hot water is also not lasting long at all. 

In February 2016 I replaced the burner and the mixing valve on the Hydrohot.  If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Paul Meehan

• BAC Member
  • Travel with DW and two K9's
Re: Hydrohot Heating and Water Heater
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 05:08:34 PM »
Rebecca, while I do not have a solution for your issue I am offering up a website forum specific to the Hydro-hot systems.  Roger Berke is the moderator.  I have seen his name posted on this site a number of times as a repair and parts resource.

http://www.Forum.RVHydronicHeaterRepair.com

I've got your exact coach.  I've had it for almost a year and are enthusiastically learning from the ground up as it is all new to me.
Paul and Peggy
St. Johns, Florida
2001 Patriot Ticonderoga 37' 2 Slides (2015-2019)
2014 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 (2019-Current)
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee  Limited

RebeccaKlein

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 11:01:35 PM »
Thank you for the information.  I am going to do some more research and find out more information. Congratulations on the purchase of your Beaver.  I absolutely love my Patriot.  We have owned ours for almost three years.  I have learned by doing research, asking questions and "digging in".  I'm not afraid to try to figure it out. 

Have a wonderful evening!!
The following users thanked this post: Bryan Schmidt

Roland DuBree

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 07:39:14 PM »
Another good source for Hydro Hot is Hydro Hot.com or aqua Hot.com.  if you go to support and then to their download manual section you will find their Service Manual for the HHE-500-series units.  It has a good trouble shooting section # 7 to help solve problems. Their service people were also a great help to me to solve some problems I just had with my HHE-50-04M.  Roger's site is good too but to get to his trouble shooting info you must buy a $25.00 subscription or some parts first to get to his trouble shooting info in his Forum's Premier section.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 01:03:09 AM »
Rebecca, let us know how your HydroHot fans work once the transfer switch is fixed.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat