Author Topic: Where can I get another basement door open/close sensor switch?  (Read 2827 times)

Mike Groves

Each basement door frame includes a spring loaded switch which provides an alarm to the dash if a basement door comes open.

One of mine has a broken shaft that slides back and forth inside the surrounding bolt/spring assembly.  This switch which includes the hollow bolt and inner spring loaded rod along with a mail connector is a unit.  I can find no part numbers or company info on the one that's broken.

Does anybody know where to get these?

Mike

Mike Groves

Re: Where can I get another basement door open/close sensor switch?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 05:53:24 PM »
I seem to keep answering my own questions - however a search for "hollow bolts 12V spring loaded switches" got me to here -

https://www.amazon.com/Ninth-City-Adjustable-Security-Switchs-Opener/dp/B0148G6EEM/ref=pd_bxgy_263_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0148G6EEM&pd_rd_r=V0NRXJWDRJ3PS6H723MT&pd_rd_w=6WwqJ&pd_rd_wg=KFAOW&psc=1&refRID=V0NRXJWDRJ3PS6H723MT

which appears to be a dead ringer for my broken switch right down to the mail connector on the end which I've broken off.

Hope this helps somebody who uses the index when they need another one.

Mike
The following users thanked this post: Bob Stone

Jerry Pattison

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 05:23:07 AM »
You can also get them from Beaver Coach Sales in Bend.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 07:56:52 AM »
Sounds like you've proffered a line on the mechanics to the unidentifiable alarm issue Robin Goffrier had recently.  A slightly askew bay door or a loose sensor on its door.  Such devices aren't on Montereys.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat