Author Topic: Front wheel bearing oil bath  (Read 2233 times)

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
Front wheel bearing oil bath
« on: September 13, 2017, 05:22:28 PM »
Ok, I have a cracked oil bath cover on my 2001 Contessa. It looks like I can remove the bolts and replace this whole cover, then refill with oil. Where do you go to buy these parts?
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl

Gerald Farris

Re: Front wheel bearing oil bath
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 08:34:07 PM »
Lamonte,
You can buy a new front hub cover at any auto parts store that deals in HD truck parts. Just do a Google search on commercial or HD truck parts in your current location.

Gerald
The following users thanked this post: Mike Sulley

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 10:11:33 PM »
LaMonte, Do you know what lube is in the hub, have to use the same lube. And Gerald is correct should find that cover at any place that deals with trucks. Most truck stops have them also.

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 11:20:37 PM »
Thanks Gerald and Lee for the info. I found the hubs at NAPA and the proper lube for them. Now I have to find a section of abs from the back of the wheel to a plug in receptacle for the left wheel that melted.
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl

Pat Long

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 12:44:36 AM »
LaMonte,  I just replace 4 on my 2000 Marquis, 2 steer and 2 tag, and this is what I had on my application SKF hub covers part number 1612.   Also used lucas hub oil for the replacement.  Look up online to compare to your application.  Cheaper to buy online if you can patch up the correct part.  You may have Stemco aluminum hub covers. 
The following users thanked this post: LaMonte Monnell