Author Topic: Who makes the coach electric step?  (Read 4958 times)

Mike Shumack

Who makes the coach electric step?
« on: November 15, 2017, 03:14:05 PM »
I have been collecting information (service/parts/operators manuals) on my coach - for the day when something breaks, and I am now looking for information on the electric steps.

According to my build-sheet, the step is a "SCS 725-0041". This appears to be a "Stromberg-Carlson" product. But their website only has parts listed for "Coach Step" (and nothing with my 725-0041 number).

So further Googling - I find that the controller is most likely a "SCS/Frigette" product (this: http://www.randkproducts.com/product_info.php?products_id=284) . However there is also a "SCS/Lippert", and I see references to "Coach Step by SCS" and "Coach Step by Lippert".

I'm totally confused. What do I have?

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Who makes the coach electric step?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 04:23:45 PM »
Mike,
SCS Frigette was acquired by Lippert. This maybe helpful. There is a link to the service manual at the end of the write-up.
http://beaveramb.org/listings/location/entry-step-problems/
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Mike Shumack

Re: Who makes the coach electric step?
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 05:03:51 PM »
Thanks Steve. Very helpful.

BTW - I just received a reply from Stomberg Carlson on my step inquiry.

They said "... If your step is indeed electric and linked to us on any format it is likely a Lippert step that has been discontinued. Lippert can be contacted at 866-534-7821. We at Stromberg Carlson do sell some repair parts for the discontinued Lippert Coach steps. We have what we have until the parts are sold and used up. If you go to Strombergcarlson.com  Shop> RV Steps> Electric coach steps... you can see the parts that we offer under the Enlarge option at the bottom of the page. You can also download information on the electric coach steps here also."

Thanks again - I'm just collecting info now.
As the owner of a vintage truck (and now a semi-vintage coach) I know how hard it can be getting replacement parts for discontinued products - half the battle is finding the repair/servicing info, and the other half is finding a source for the parts.