Author Topic: Fresh water tank drain valve leaking after winter storage.  (Read 3262 times)

William Harmon

Any ideas on how to repair the drain valve leaking appx 1 drop/sec.  No problems before storage.   The fresh water tank was drained prior to storage.  Thanks in advance.

2003 Beaver Contessa
   Cummings 370 ISL

Gerald Farris

Re: Fresh water tank drain valve leaking after winter storage.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 01:42:54 AM »
William,
There have been several different fresh water drain valve designs used on Beavers over the years, but I thing that on your coach, they used a standard 1 1/2 inch blade valve (like the one used on gray water tank drains) with an electric actuator. If so, you can just buy replacement seals and overhaul the valve for less than $5, or replace the valve, what ever you are comfortable with.

Gerald

William Harmon

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 10:17:27 PM »
Thanks Gerald for getting back with me.  I believe your description of the valve is correct.  Can you advise where I may order the replacement kit.  I tried to send photo of valve but did not go through.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 11:21:32 PM »
On Amazon there are a couple possibilities for seal kits, Valterra T1001-7VP and T1001-9VP.  You’ll have to determine whether or not yours is a Bladex version, apparently.  But local RV dealerships may carry such a common kit in their parts stock.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Bill Sprague

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 05:03:06 AM »
On our '04 Beaver there was a leak because the electrically controlled valve loosened in its mount so that it would not close completely.
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 11:13:39 PM »
William
I  had a leak on our 06PT. I may have been lucky but I cleaned  it best I could then coated it with vasilen it stopped the leak for 4 years. You .ay have already given  this a try. Beaver Coach Sales located in Bend would have the parts you need if the cleaning didn't work
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Don and Kathy DuCharme

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2018, 01:07:30 AM »
Our 07 Contessa had the same problem, and like Bill it was caused by the valve mount coming loose. Tighten and no problem for the last several years.
07 Contessa
C9;400HP
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley