Author Topic: Radiator Replacement Tank  (Read 10054 times)

Steve Otterstedt

Radiator Replacement Tank
« on: March 22, 2011, 11:43:02 AM »
My radiator reserve tank developed a crack and leaks fluid.  Repaired with a 2 part bonding material and all seems well for the present.
Looking for a replacement resevior for my 2003 Beaver Monterey, any suggestions?  Steve Otterstedt   georgetownsteve@msn.com

Gerald Farris

Re: Radiator Replacement Tank
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 12:57:12 PM »
Steve,
I think that the coolant surge tank on your coach is a made for Monaco part. I would try Beaver Coach Sales in Bend or Alliance Coach in Wildwood. If the part is available from a source other than a dealer they will be able to tell you, or sell you a new tank since they are both dealers.

Gerald

Arden Smith

• BAC Member
  • 98 Monterey 36\' 300 Cat 3126
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 02:41:14 AM »
I just replaced mine this last fall, I got it from Ford (heavy duty truck parts). I am sorry I do not have the part number with me in Az.
Arden Smith
98 Monterey 36' 3126 300 CAT

Larry Fritz

• BAC Member
  • 98 Patriot Ticonderoga - 37' Blue/White, 3126B CAT
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 04:07:34 AM »
I replaced my plastic surge tank in a 98 Beaver, Cat 330, 3126 in Feb of 2010. Ford Truck p/n F6HZ8A080B.

Save your old one as you will need some of the fittings from it.

The Ford part numbers for this tank seem to have changed a couple of times over the years; but, the number embossed on my new tank was the same as the original.

Cost was about $150 and they had them in stock!  In fact, the Ford Truck parts guy did not even have to look up the part number so I think they sell a lot of them. (And this site in San Jose rarely sees a motorhome!)

Larry Fritz
Larry Fritz

Gerald Farris

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 04:09:31 AM »
Arden,
The Ford coolant surge tank that you are referring to fit some Beaver coaches through 2002. The 2003 model that the original question was about uses a Monaco designed tank.

Gerald

Steve Otterstedt

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 12:04:11 PM »
Gerald, This coach was built by Beaver before the buyout.  Actual manufacture date was November 2002.  Steve

Gerald Farris

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 03:08:17 PM »
Steve,
The Monaco purchase of Beaver was in early 2002, so the 2003 models were Monaco designed. Obvious design changes that Monaco made in the 2003 models were the addition of slideout toppers, Cummins engines in some models (as opposed to the Cat engines that were used exclusively by SMC), and the Monaco preferred Aladdin engine monitor (SMC used only Silverleaf because the son of SMC's owner owns Silverleaf).

The 2003 Beaver Monterey, Patriot, and Marquis were all built in the original Beaver factory in Bend Oregon that the founders of Beaver still own and Monaco assumed the lease on as part of the SMC purchase.

Gerald