Author Topic: Trace 2512 inverter  (Read 5837 times)

Les Marzec

Trace 2512 inverter
« on: April 20, 2011, 06:29:13 PM »
My 2003 Patriot thunder has the trace 2512 inverter.  The inverter won't invert.  It charges the batteries both in Float and absorption modes.  Also, the RC/GS remote has no lights.  I can scroll through the menus.  It shows that I have 50% batteries when I know that they are fully charges.  This never changes.  I went through the manual and tried to reset with no luck.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 06:55:43 PM by 14 »

George Harwell

Re: Trace 2512 inverter
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 09:06:26 PM »

Les, you might try doing a reboot. Turn off all electricity,disconnect shore power, turn off the batterys, cover the solar panel, turn the inverter switch off and disconnect the ground lead (black) first. then remove the hot lead (red) and find something to do for 15 to 30 minutes. That should be long enough to let it reboot. Reconnect everything in reverse order except external shore power. Make sure you turn the inverter switch on then go to the remote panel and select invert to check it. Good luck.  

George Harwell

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 03:02:16 PM »

Lester, there are over 100 people that read your post and wondering if you got your inverter working. Your information can be helpful to others in the future.  Thanks.

Les Marzec

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 03:41:23 PM »
George

Thanks for the info.  I have not had a chance to do the reset, the coach is in storage.  I have been traveling but should be back next week.  I will run a reset and see what happens.  When I do, I will post the results.

Thanks again

Les Marzec

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 05:47:41 PM »
I finally had a chance to look further into this problem.  I removed the Trace remote panel and unplugged the connector and reinserted it and the panel started working and the inverter functioned as it should.  I went through the different options for the Trace panel, reset them to what I needed and everything appears to be working.  I did not have to reset the Inverter.  

That was a cheap and easy fix.

I did notice that on the Aladdin screen when I turned on the fluorescent light in the kitchen on, the amp discharge increased by 9 amps.  That seems like an awful lot for that light.  Anybody experience that much amperage usage for the kitchen ceiling light?