Author Topic: 2003 Monterey Hydraulic Filter  (Read 4193 times)

Jim Shaw

2003 Monterey Hydraulic Filter
« on: April 26, 2011, 11:00:56 PM »
I have an 2003 Monterey and have never changed the Hyd filter. I have never been able to locate it. Would like to know where it is if it has one.
Thanks,
Jim

Jim Gill

Re: 2003 Monterey Hydraulic Filter
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 01:57:46 PM »
I have a 2006 Monterery with a Cat C9 so I'm not certain if the hydraulic filter is in the same location as on your 2003 model. But on mine, the filter is located inside the engine compartment very low on the driver's side...as you face the opened engine compartment, it is on the left side about knee level. It is also very visible and accessible from under the coach just to the rear of the radiator.
Jim

George Harwell

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 03:20:45 PM »

Jim, my 03 Monterey chassis lubrication guide states on page 27, NOTE: The Monterey does not use the external spin-on filter. On page 35 there is no mention of a hydraulic filter requiring servicing. If there is a hydraulic filter on our coaches I haven't found it. Hope this clears things for you. Good day!

Edward Buker

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 04:57:49 PM »
Not sure what your resevoir tank design is like but in the older coaches (Gillig chassis) with a round metal resevoir, they had a band system around it that you would loosen to remove the top cover of the tank. There was a cloth filter in the tank. You would plunge your hand into the fluid and remove it to replace it. I doubt that you have that style tank but thought I would pass this info along in case your tank did have a cover system and they used thet style filter.

later Ed